• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed The Natividad Incident - Don Hose Hernandez

Spicy Sailor

Powder Monkey
Hello! I am new here. I am playing version Build 14 (21st may 2018)
I am playing the chronicles of Horatio Hornblower. I have a bug after the mission "The Natividad Incident" where after i finish it and get my new ship of the line after promotion, this guy "Don Hose Hernandez" is stuck on my deck and i can't get rid of him. He boarded the ship during the mission and at the point you end this mission, he remains there. I tried loading previous saves, and he still appears on my deck every time. He does not move, you cannot talk to him, and because he is there i cannot pull out my sword. The classic "Hmmm thats not a good idea" message appears. I tried talking with my crew for a spar battle, but when i select this option nothing happens, the chat closes and the sailor that i talked with bugs and i cant talk to him again. Just because Don Hose is there.
Is there a way to get rid of him? Perhaps from the files?
jsnDeKz.jpg

:ahoyHi @Spicy Sailor ! Welcome to PiratesAhoy! :pflag
That is interesting. Although I have not done that storyline yet, you might want to upload some files for us to check the bug further. log files.png <-----These files.
Most of the time, when you ran into a problem there will be a file named "error", include that as well.

What I can show you right now is a trick that kind of refreshes the game.
options file.png <-------This file gets corrupted and or gives all kinds of weirdness after you've spent a lot of hours to the game. Whenever you experience something weird or different that wasn't there before, deleting that file may help and the game will generate a new one when you start the game. You will have to select your custom options again from the main menu if you had changed it as it will reset it to default.

Finally, you have an old version of the game. A lot of fixes and new contents have been made since 21st May 2018 and that might have been one of the fixes that were done. You might want to update for better game experience anyway. Files are here, just download the new installer and ONLY select "updates" when you run it. For the extra Fix Archive from @Grey Roger , just extract that to your main game directory after you've updated your game.

I can tell you right now that the update won't fix that problem because "The Natividad Incident" is my work and I've never heard of that problem, so I haven't fixed it. It should be impossible because Don Jose Hernandez is supposed to accompany you to El Supremo's fort, and you can't get in until he goes to the door ahead of you. So even if you did somehow manage to leave Don Jose Hernandez on your ship, you should not have been able to meet El Supremo or encounter the Natividad.

Did Don Jose Hernandez in fact go ashore with you to the fort? Did he come aboard the ship again later and get stuck? If so, when?

Hello again, and sorry for the late response. I have been busy.

@Grey Roger Don Jose Hernandez comes with me ashore, and after all the quest is done i return to my frigate and he is not in there. But he always turns up on deck after i get my promotion and i upgrade from frigate to the ship of the line (when i go to barbados to speak with Admiral Pellew) He is in the same position as he spawned when he entered the deck the first time. And he won't leave.

@DavyJack I did delete the options file, good to know that i can unbug the game with that trick thanks. By the way it didnt remove Jose from the deck. I uploaded the files you asked for. I also am glad to know that there are more updates. I didn't know about that or that the game still gets updates. I found several bugs but i suppose that after i am done updating i will start reporting from there if i see any. I hope that with updating i wont lose my saves and progress though :p

Attachments

• compile.log
    11.6 KB · Views: 255
  • engine.ini
    35.2 KB · Views: 249
  • system.log
    741 bytes · Views: 273
@DaveJack excuse me but i am a bit confused. I want to update to the latest version nevertheless. But the installer and the zip file are exactly the same files that gave me version Build 14 (21st may 2018). I did what you told me anyway. I downloaded them again and clicked the installer and unchecked "main files" and left ONLY the "updates files" box checked. I must say nothing changed. I still had the same version. The only thing that caused changes was when i extracted Grey's extra Fix Archive and now it says Build 14 (28th June 2019).

So i didnt need to do any updates and the only thing i had to do was just extract grey's files?

...So i didnt need to do any updates and the only thing i had to do was just extract grey's files?
Hello @Spicy Sailor ! :sail Lol if they were the same then yes, I guess you just needed the Extra Fix Archive then. Sorry for the confusion. xD
It's still good that you've updated your game tho. It's always good to have the latest files anyway.

And I guess as @Grey Roger have mentioned, the updates won't fix the current issue you're having so I suggest to wait for what he has to say about your follow up from his questions, then since it is his work and no one's better to check or give suggestions about the issue than him. But hey, at least you can play other storylines and quests with less issues now than before the update. :yes

Thanks for the response. I will try again the Hornblower storyline. It was pretty fun actually and now that i know it, i think i can speedrun it :p
I will try to reach the natividad incident and see if it's a persistent bug, or i caused it by accident.
(I have noticed before that if you spend too much time reading the chat conversations while on deck, the random npcs that walk around may push some character and he doesn't speak to you afterwards or he bugs out at its spot.)

I think I've found the problem. It won't be fixed in the current update but will be fixed when I release the next one, probably at the end of this month or next month.

I think I've found the problem. It won't be fixed in the current update but will be fixed when I release the next one, probably at the end of this month or next month.
glad i could help by reporting.
So what is the proper way to update? clean install as always?

glad i could help by reporting.
So what is the proper way to update? clean install as always?
Since you already had a clean install with all the latest updates you won't have to reinstall again the next time. It will depend on how @Grey Roger will release the next update if they will incorporate it with the latest installer then you'll only just have to run that, choose "updates only" then you're good. If it'll be another compressed file, just extract it to your main game directory.

Download this and put it in "PROGRAM\QUESTS". It adds a couple of lines to remove Don Jose Hernandez and also Don Julian Alvarado, alias El Supremo, who also re-appears on the same deck though he should be dead by that point. You'll need to use a savegame from before you give the Natividad to El Supremo and then sail to Puerto Rico.

Attachments

• quests_side.c
    644.6 KB · Views: 231
Thank you so much! It may take a while but once i reach this mission again i will let you know if that barnacle is removed from my deck XD

Download this and put it in "PROGRAM\QUESTS". It adds a couple of lines to remove Don Jose Hernandez and also Don Julian Alvarado, alias El Supremo, who also re-appears on the same deck though he should be dead by that point. You'll need to use a savegame from before you give the Natividad to El Supremo and then sail to Puerto Rico.
Yeah, all fixed now thank you very much

Back