• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The new blots

Oskar94

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
I'va also maded a new textures for the blot :hmm , more real, and i've added the blot of culverins. I think it's better than the original...
What's the verdict?
Some picture:
nyyzr8.jpg

Blots as in damage from the cannons on the ships? :?

If that is what your refering to I do like them :yes

That does look really good. Do you get different blots based on the cannon type or shot type used?
That left blot looks like a cannonball, but that right one looks more like what you'd get from grapeshot.
Does it actually depend on shot type? That'd be cool! :woot

It's not according by the ball type, now i've made only the textures but i'm watching for according they to the shot type, any idea for how make it?

I'm not sure where the blots of generated.
As far as I know, there's just one type of blots,
but your screenshot does seem to show two versions ingame at the same time. (??? :shock )

If it's anywhere, it'll probably be in the PROGRAM\SEA_AI folder.
Having a quick search myself, I find a "blot.tga" file and also a "blot.dll" file.
That doesn't really cheer me up, because DLL files always spell trouble for moddability. :facepalm

Those do look amazing... i would try removing the black on the cannon ball one, maybe put something more like chipped wood instead... the grapeshot one look flawless.
I to hope you can split them in shot type...

Well, I know that the blot texture in COAS has what appears to be four damage textures in one. The alpha is what gives it the "damage" design. In the game, the four textures are randomly placed when taking damage. I'm guessing it's similiar in POTC.

Yes, i've changed the blot.tga, where there are four blots placed randomly during the game, if isn't possible making the blots depending of the shot type i think the grapeshot blots cane be the culverine blots, like in potbs, no?

If someone want to download they i'm uploading them in the ftp-potc-oskar94 folder...

Ah, you're right; there ARE four textures in that one texture file. That explains it. :facepalm
I don't readily know how to make it shot-dependent really. Looks like it is mainly handled inside the game engine. :modding
In any case, I DO like the look of them even if they are NOT shot-dependent.
I think we can make them Build-default. Definitly looks more imaginative than the dull original ones. :yes

Are you uploading the new blots here? http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Oskar94/
If so, I don't see them yet...

For future reference Oskar, could you perhaps compress your files (with zip, rar or 7zip) so people, like Pieter atm, dont have to worry about the size. It can shrink the size up to five times thats all :yes

Back