• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The programmers...

Zablar

Landlubber
May I ask who help out with programming and scripting?
What other work have they done and etc. im asking
because I have an idea of Multiplayer...

EDIT: It is possible but will it be any good?

Multiplayer for PotC? We can't possibly try and work on that; we've got too much on our plates as it is
and the one active programmer who does really advanced stuff is too busy to do anything right now. :facepalm

okay them, well I was thinking of an own application as many people use like GTA multiplayer and MAFIA multiplayer and etc, the bigest problem will be to get more then one person on the ship, but as an start you just own your own ship.. But okay :)

Maybe, with a lot of work, it could be done, though I haven't got a clue how.
Problem is... we want to finish Build 14 and are really low on people to work on it,
while we've got LOTS of work still left. As good as our current versions are, they're not done.

multiplayer wouldn't be practical with PotC. swordfights would end up with no blocking and focusing on who can deal the most damage the fastest. otherwise you'd just block everything. also, the ones with the highest sf skill would rule the region, since they could kill everyone else. unless you are thinking about using a system like that in diablo 2, where you have a group of people who fight NPC's and share the quests. you'd have the captain and then the officers, all played by people. of course, this is all pure speculation.

Well, good lvl system and a bit editing of the fighting system it could work, but like in many MP RPG games you should be allowed to attack other players at some places. But the main thing is to work on the story line, and you can find friends to help or help you with it :) but its just an idea...

Back