• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help The quest ship dont spawn

Calico Jack

Sailor Apprentice
i was making a quest for the guy Ricardo Orellana and when its the time to confront the ship he do not apear
case "The_Devil_Ship":
Group_CreateGroup("Devil_fleet");
Group_AddCharacter("Devil_fleet", "Orellana");
Group_SetGroupCommander("Devil_fleet", "Orellana");
Group_LockTask("Devil_fleet");
Group_SetAddress("Devil_fleet", "QuebradasCostillas", "Quest_ships", "Quest_Ship_12");
Sea_LoginGroupNow("Devil_fleet");
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Orellana")].nosurrender = 2;
Character_SetAbordageEnable(characterFromID("Orellana"), true);

Pchar.quest.FrenchShipDestroyed.win_condition.l1 = "NPC_death";
Pchar.quest.FrenchShipDestroyed.win_condition.l1.character = "Orellana";
Pchar.quest.FrenchShipDestroyed.win_condition = "Devil_ship_Destroyed";
break;
the quest

ch.old.name = "Ricardo";
ch.old.lastname = "Orellana";
ch.name = TranslateString("","Ricardo");
ch.lastname = "Orellana";
ch.id = "Orellana";
ch.model = "Orellana";
ch.sex = "man";
ch.nation = SPAIN;
ch.Ship.Name = "Mariana";
ch.Ship.Type = "CursedMariana";
ch.Ship.Stopped = true;
ch.Flags.Pirate = 15;
ch.Flags.Pirate.texture = 0;
ch.Flags.Personal = 46;
ch.Flags.Personal.texture = 0;
ch.nation = SPAIN;
GiveItem2Character(ch, "Devil_Contract");
GiveItem2Character(ch, "blade14")
ch.equip.blade = "blade14";
ch.rank = 100;
ch.HPBonus = 1000;
ch.reputation = "10";
ch.experience = "0";
ch.skill.Leadership = "7";
ch.skill.Fencing = "10";
ch.skill.Sailing = "10";
ch.skill.Accuracy = "5";
ch.skill.Cannons = "7";
ch.skill.Grappling = "4";
ch.skill.Repair = "1";
ch.skill.Defence = "3";
ch.skill.Commerce = "1";
ch.skill.Sneak = "1";
ch.perks.list.BasicDefence = true;
ch.perks.list.AdvancedDefence = true;
ch.perks.list.SwordplayProfessional = true;
ch.perks.list.CriticalHit = true;
ch.perks.list.Rush = true;
ch.money = "1";
ch.quest.meeting = "0";
LAi_SetCivilianPatrolType(ch); // KK
LAi_NoRebirthEnable(ch);
LAi_SetLoginTime(ch, 0.0, 24.0);
AddGameCharacter(n, ch);
the character i created in the temp quest enemy

dont know what is going wrong
(sorry for the bad english)

How is quest case "The_Devil_Ship" triggered? Check "compile.log" to see if "The_Devil_Ship" is mentioned at all.

If "Quest_ships", "Quest_Ship_12" is a valid locator then that's where the ship will be. You may need to search for it. Alternatively, try adding this just before 'Group_LockTask("Devil_fleet")':
Code:
Group_SetPursuitGroup("Devil_fleet", PLAYER_GROUP);
That should make the ship spawn near to you so you don't need to search for it.

the trigger is simple finish de dialog and the quest starts (
I left the dialogue very vague to give an air of mystery:doff)

nothing in the compile

the ship simply dont apear where he is suposed to

If there's nothing in "compile.log" about "The_Devil_Ship" then it hasn't triggered, which is why the ship doesn't appear. Can you upload the dialog.c file? I'll have a look and see if I can figure out why it's not triggering the quest case.

I put this quest in specific in the malcon hatcher dialog session to make it easier for me to test

Attachments

• Malcolm Hatcher_dialog.c
    39.4 KB · Views: 113
That appears to have several ways to trigger quest case "Blackbeard". There is no mention of "The_Devil_Ship". Does "Blackbeard" contain a trigger for "The_Devil_Ship"?

The blackbeard trigger is just me moving blackbeard from the shore to the sea in isla de muerta simple as that

the blackbeard one works perfectly the queen annes revenge sails around the deserted shore landing spot in isla de muerta waiting for you to fight basicly

The point is, your "Malcolm Hatcher_dialog.c" has several lines saying 'AddDialogExitQuest("BlackBeard");' and none saying 'AddDialogExitQuest("The_Devil_Ship");'. So talking to Malcolm Hatcher does not trigger "The_Devil_Ship", which is why Ricardo Orellana's ship does not appear.

I am very excited but also a little scared, I was not aware that a quest for my character was in development. If ever I can help with some details of my story.

W
The point is, your "Malcolm Hatcher_dialog.c" has several lines saying 'AddDialogExitQuest("BlackBeard");' and none saying 'AddDialogExitQuest("The_Devil_Ship");'. So talking to Malcolm Hatcher does not trigger "The_Devil_Ship", which is why Ricardo Orellana's ship does not appear.
WHAT DID I FORGOT TO SAVE THE THING :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl or i send my backup file by mistake let me double check this
I am very excited but also a little scared, I was not aware that a quest for my character was in development. If ever I can help with some details of my story.

Well I'm pretty amateur in this regard I just like to add things to my game like black beard off the beach

in general and always very simplistic.

in regards to quest, basically you talk to some people in certain taverns who talk about the legand of the ship and the last one talks more or less where and when the ship appears, if the player has interest he can search for the ship and when he finds to fight it

as I said very simplistic

but I liked the idea of the character so I wanted to put him in the game as something more

Back