• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The rest of the world!

Kazen Dukzom

Landlubber
For future mods. Perhaps it could be considered for the game not just to contain the Caribbean but the WORLD! :woot Obviously it would involve a lot of hard work and the source code, when you eventually get it, but the rewards would be great.

Have you got even the faintest idea just how much work that would be?
We haven't even got a single location made from scratch in the game
and you're talking about the whole WORLD! :shock

Admitted, it WOULD be cool! :yes

And also we have talked about this very idea, not the world as such but Europe and we do want Singapore as well :yes

We can make Europe and South Asia in separate areas, so, if you travel to the east, out of the Caribbean limits, you will be quickly teleported to another square, another map (Europe, including the Mediterran).

If you go to south, you will reach South Asia.

We wouldnt have to make the whole world at once :keith

Maybe in the Build 31 we will have it :doff

I think Build 31 will probably not happen until about 15 years and by then the old POTC game probably will not be compatible with the latest computers. :(

I think South Africa and the Ivory coast should be considered as well. Mainly because it would be slightly similar to the stock POTC Buildings and landscapes.

For Europe we would defiantly need the source code.

Also, I don't really like the areas in different squares idea. I would like it more if the world was one giant square and if you travel to the edge of one side you get teleported to the other side ei. Like real life (apart from we don't get teleported.)

Meh, I'd much rather have North Africa. It's just desert and only desert. Much easier!

But what about the Ivory Coast = Slaves = Transport to Caribbean = Profit. :D (I don't support slave labour by the way.)

I like the idea of having a whole world too, of course, but, at the moment, im sure we wont be able to enlarge our horizons that much. Lets start with small things. My idea of making a map of the whole Europe and Mediterran in a separated square is already an exageration of mine. At maximum, we can add the continental part of the Central America, adding the Gulf of Mexico and all.

But then, now that im thinking about it. The name of the game would have to be Pirates of the Whole World, instead of Pirates of the Caribbean xD:

Yes. I think to start we should have something small, and close to the Caribbean. Something like Florida?

Hahah. "Pirates of the Whole World." xD:

If anything, we'd need to port to Storm 2.8 first.
I think that engine has better support for projects like this.

2.8 is the CoAS engine. AoP has 2.5 and PotC uses 2.0.
We don't yet actually have the source code, just the promise that we'll get it.

It's newer and has more features. What features exactly, I don't know.
And to some extent, whether it's "better" or not depends on one's preference.
Me, I actually prefer the look of PotC over AoP/CoAS. :shrug

It's newer and has more features. What features exactly, I don't know.
And to some extent, whether it's "better" or not depends on one's preference.
Me, I actually prefer the look of PotC over AoP/CoAS. :shrug

Then with that we keep the Look of Potc and add the new features of storm 2.5 to create storm 3.0!!! lol That should be quite simple if we get the source code for storm 2.0 as well?

We have got one location modeler at the current time and he wont be doing the whole world either...

Build 14 Final will probably be the last game version for PotC before we port to CoAS

Like I said we want a Singapore location that will probably be just an island that you get time added to if you sail to :shrug

Back