• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The reversed spanker animation bug no longer exists in SDTEHO

DF5

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
When I played SDTEHO recently, after importing some third-party ship models, I‘ve found a problem: All the spankers are turn to the wrong direction. I remember POC and AOP have this bug, then Some one made a way to solve it. but this bug reappeared in SDTEHO. So, I think the DEVs have been fixed this bug, the previous repair method for this game was incorrect on the contrary. but I forgot it due to not playing for many years.

Finally, I found this topic: Notice - Important notice to Modellers, so I knew how to do. the locators of which the 'XX' value were set to '-1' shoud have to be modified to "1" now. for example, there are two GM files of HMS_Victory shoud be reset: mast4, rea_a4.

before fixing
T6[K~_$(U0HVT}YC$HM81`G.png

after fixing
4YBBP[6{HODNMZRZ_09_902.png

Attachments

• (J(NK~4B$[OE3S`MEXPSI}E.png
    (J(NK~4B$[OE3S`MEXPSI}E.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 13
  • TI[B_8843G]V(VHSYI9EX@A.png
    TI[B_8843G]V(VHSYI9EX@A.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
However, I found this method is not suits to USS.Constitution. Because the author re-exported the spanker model of which normals has been inverted. So, the GM file of rey_d44 should to make a copy, change the texture on original model to be invisible in HEX editor, then attach the copy to the original model with the locator's value of "-1" in "XX" coordinate.
R{@JEXIP7%[_Q)8TS7HX)}0.png

Attachments

• JO_~A(5`TC4]KL8_FAT(PF1.png
    JO_~A(5`TC4]KL8_FAT(PF1.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 12
  • H(27Y2ZV4(NYHEIEJ)%]NFA.png
    H(27Y2ZV4(NYHEIEJ)%]NFA.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 8UV~IRTL8F57YT[G09{CQ~D.png
    8UV~IRTL8F57YT[G09{CQ~D.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: