• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress The Santiago harbour fast travel locator is placed at the portal to the harbour, not the pier

Fluen

Freebooter
One of the first things modders did, was to move the fast travel locators from the gate to the harbour to the end of the pier to save the player from having to travel the entire distance across the harbour on foot.

And I have just discovered, that the fast travel locator for Santiago harbour is at the triple portal to the harbour. Santiago is huge and so is its harbour.

I strongly suggest, that you move the locator to the end of the pier.

The same goes for Oranjestad on Aruba. If one uses fast travel to get to the harbour, one ends up at the gate from the harbour area out to the outskirts and must walk/run across the enormous harbor area rather than just arrive at the end of the pier.

This version of "PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\reload_tables.c" should send fast travellers in both Santiago and Oranjestad to the pier rather than the town gate.

Attachments

• reload_tables.c
    22.2 KB · Views: 62
So far Santiago now works fine. I get transported directly to the end of the pier from the town store (haven't tried from other locations)

When I reach Oranjestad, I will report my findings.

All I did was add entries to "reload_tables.c", function 'PlayerFastTravel', to send fast travel to the pier locators in both ports. The reload locators themselves are unchanged, as are the reload tables in "PROGRAM\Locations\init\Cuba.c" and "Aruba.c". Quests should therefore not be affected, neither should normal travel by walking to the pier to board your ship.

Back