• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help The shipwrecked - Dunkirk

Sheepie

Powder Monkey
I rescued some guys from Terks and their leader is crazy. He wants to go to Dunkirk. He's talking complete nonsense and I have no clue what to do with him. I have the option to kick him out of my ship but I'm kinda curious where this ends. He's bothering me on every port I land. This is a generated quest. Has anyone faced this lunatic?

Dunkirk? Where exactly is that on this map? And what's the name of that quest? Check your logbook.
That's my point. There is no Dunkirk in the map. He's acting crazy
shipwrecked.jpg
dunkirk.jpg

Hmnn..I guess that mission is a bit tricky. I can't find anything good myself. The closest one I found was this. I would reload and just kill that lunatic. xD

Have you tried sailing to any other towns? Lots of them? I suspect that you may just need to be patient...

And have you acquired any map fragments?

"PROGRAM\dialogs\russian\GenQuests_dialog.c", specifically cases "ShipWreck_12" and "ShipWreck_34". You should find there why I asked about map fragments...

Well I got tired of him at last and asked him to get out of my ship with his buddies. Then he got really mad and attacked me. Welp, as this is a generated quest I might meet another crazy guy like him. I was focusing on Caleuche and didn't want to be bothered with him anymore

From looking at the code, I believe that each time you enter a port, there should be a 1/4 chance that you can fool him into thinking that it's Dunkirk. He's happy and gives you a piece of a map. But that only happens if you don't already have two pieces of the map. If you do already have two pieces of the map then he just keeps pestering you to take him to Dunkirk until you kick him off the ship, when he is indeed supposed to fight you.

So either you were unlucky and never triggered the 1/4 chance, or you already have the two map pieces.

From looking at the code, I believe that each time you enter a port, there should be a 1/4 chance that you can fool him into thinking that it's Dunkirk. He's happy and gives you a piece of a map. But that only happens if you don't already have two pieces of the map. If you do already have two pieces of the map then he just keeps pestering you to take him to Dunkirk until you kick him off the ship, when he is indeed supposed to fight you.

So either you were unlucky and never triggered the 1/4 chance, or you already have the two map pieces.
So it supposed to be like this, cool, so he is and intentional lunatic. xD

Oh I already had one piece of a treasure map. Is that why I was stuck? Also I didn't travel a lot of ports. Just a few.

P.S: I cannot find the C file. The GenQuest_dialog.c is simply not in the game folder. Can you upload this plz?

Last edited:
Having one just one piece of the map should not prevent you from delivering the crazy guy to some town and claiming it's Dunkirk. You probably needed to be more patient - a 1/4 chance does not guarantee that it will happen if you visit 4 ports. ;)

Can you find the "PROGRAM" folder in your game installation? If so, does it have sub-folders "dialogs" and "quests"?

Having one just one piece of the map should not prevent you from delivering the crazy guy to some town and claiming it's Dunkirk. You probably needed to be more patient - a 1/4 chance does not guarantee that it will happen if you visit 4 ports. ;)

Can you find the "PROGRAM" folder in your game installation? If so, does it have sub-folders "dialogs" and "quests"?
The "PROGRAM" folder has the "dialogs" and "quests" . Path is: Sea Dogs To Each His Own - Hero of the Nation/PROGRAM/dialogs/russian/Quest
The Quest folder has Reggata C file and the "Sharlie" subfolder that contains Benua and Goldberg C file. That's it.

The "PROGRAM" folder has the "dialogs" and "quests" . Path is: Sea Dogs To Each His Own - Hero of the Nation/PROGRAM/dialogs/russian/Quest
The Quest folder has Reggata C file and the "Sharlie" subfolder that contains Benua and Goldberg C file. That's it.
It's not in the "Quest" folder it's in the "russian" folder itself as in PROGRAM/dialogs/russian. Capture.png :)

I have same problem with quest The Shipwrecked. But nothnig about Dunkirk in it, the guy just want his ship back and I am playing long, very long, still with this guy on board, and never meet the ship... Any tips?

Back