• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

the Tartana, is it really needed?

Captain_Python

Rogue Scholar
I have noticed that that small Tartana boat is not really nessesary in this game. Also, you do not see these boats around the harbor like in SD1, which made a pretty good impression of a real town. Aslo, how come when I come into most ports, no other ships are present most of the time?

I never use Tartan it is reallya useless boat, I think some one is working on a mod to put more ships in the harbour :cheers:

The Tartane isn't useless, it's quite fun starting with one and worrying that some Pirate will jump you and all you can do is sail away with your tail between your legs
:cheers

Yeah that should be a mod. Your shi[ get sunken. Then all you can do is abandon ship in a little Tartane. Sounds fun. But remember the enemy is still shooting at you ^_^

If really look though, a Tartane isn't as small as you might think. If we could get the "BOAT" model to work, that would be much better.

If we could get the "BOAT" model to work, that would be much better

Is that model supposed to be the "Row Boat" at the dock or what?

yeah, I played around with it back in August, but trying to use it as your ship causes the game to CTD

Yeah that would be good if you had a Tartane, you came into a harbor and you could board and steal a ship. Now that would be fun, now of course there would have to be ships in the harbor, which I protested such a mod be made. There really just needs to be more ships out there.
And has anyone really noticed that in Conceaie(I know I spelt it wrong) there is no row boat at those docks. Now thats because in real life a ship would actually dock there. Now there should be a way that you could actually dock there. I mean we already got the ship models from the "boardings". Maybe theres a way to just key them into the dock models for the city.

Maybe its not totaly useless after all,Picture from The Duke
gunboat5.jpg

:rolleyes: Yar!! It would be fun me thinks if, yer own ship havin' been demasted... yee could hop in a tartane or dingy like Perry did and take yer flag to another ship like at dee Battle o' Lake Erie... har, har!!

Now, dat would be fun... and usefull if yer ship ever looked like dis:

sailor

Ever notice if ye lose a mast, yer men keep climbing da rigging dat was destroyed already? Har... funny say I... like der climbin' da ladder to heaven!!

Back