• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Tartane and the Dingy

Capt Pete

Powder Monkey
A couple of nights ago I was off the west coast of the Turks. I had just road out another storm and spotted a few Brits off the coast a bit south of me. See, Im a Pirate, its what I do, so I chased the Brits down with the heavy Xebec. board the first ship and sunk her and headed to the next. Within minutes I was in that's ship as well, that's 2 Luggers down and off after the 3rd ship.
Imagine my surprise, I could barely see the little thing bouncing in the nasty waves and wind, but I made it up beside her and boarded her and killed the crew, when it was time to head back to my ship and left the tartan, the game crashed.

this evening I loaded out my 2 ships I use for some sea fighting 40 to 50 days, Ones the Heavy Xebec, which I pilot and my backup is a heavy patrol friggate. Her Captian is Steve the Terror. anyways. I found a nice little fight in progress .Some of the Brother of the Coast and some French patrol , 3 large trade ships and 3 class 4 and 5s. In the end I was rather rich, one of the trade Pennace's was loaded with gold.
with supplies at full and loaded down with Treasure we headed back to Nevas and the Pirate settlement. As we approached shore I set the Friggate on stand stay and made my way to the jetty, I clear and board the little ships that are always there. but this time...
there was a dingy. And I remembered what happened up near turks the night before so I wasn't going to board it, I was going to send it down to Jones.
Well, I made 2 passes and shot broad sides then checked the scope...90%,,what? made another pass and tossed some lead at it once more and checked the scope.....dam still 90% and this ship is so slow! it will take forever before I can get cleard to make port! Argh!!!!!!
I understand the reasoning behind these ships for when you get sunk, they are you home away from home and you must live to sail and fight another day. Working as intended.

Captain Pete

Back