• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Thierry Bosquet does not appear

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Some time ago I noticed that Thierry Bosquet no longer showed up at St. Pierre tavern. At the time I thought it was because his side quest had been fixed so that it didn't conflict with "Help the Boatswain", and never got round to asking what I needed to do in order to meet him again.

In fact it's nothing to do with that fix. The true problem became apparent in the thread Smuggling for Thomas O'Reily: Andre Juliao Does Not Appear. Several locators in the tavern had been renamed but character definitions which use them had not been updated. So here's "PROGRAM\Characters\init\Taverns.c" with Thierry Bosquet's definition updated to use the "candles" locator. The drunk pirate is back! :cheers

Attachments

• Taverns.c
    101.3 KB · Views: 115
Nice one! :woot

Now I wonder if there are any other character init entries that have a similar error! :shock

Oh, and I don't know if that's possible or what not, but when talking to "Orable Caron" on Martinique, he tells me about the pirates at the tavern, but there are none... so I cannot start the quest "Thierry Bosquet".
Maybe you can look into that too? Or should I make a new thread about that and provide you with a more close save game?

And another sidequest: Silver Train -> is there any way to get into Tortuga if the Pirates hate your guts? There doesn't seem to be any shore... Maybe if I capture the town?

Thanks man!

To solve this on an existing save:
1. Execute this through console:
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Thierry Bosquet"), "Falaise_de_fleur_tavern", "candles", "sit2");

See here point #4 for how: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy!
2. Exit the tavern
3. Enter again
4. Now he's there

Oh, and I don't know if that's possible or what not, but when talking to "Orable Caron" on Martinique, he tells me about the pirates at the tavern, but there are none... so I cannot start the quest "Thierry Bosquet".
Maybe you can look into that too? Or should I make a new thread about that and provide you with a more close save game?
Thread alread exists: Fixed - Thierry Bosquet does not appear | PiratesAhoy!
@Grey Roger reported that bug at the same time that he fixed it. ;)

And another sidequest: Silver Train -> is there any way to get into Tortuga if the Pirates hate your guts? There doesn't seem to be any shore... Maybe if I capture the town?
There is indeed no shore on Tortuga, but there are several ways of getting in:
1. Coming in under a French flag or one that is friendly/neutral to France (in all storylines EXCEPT Jack Sparrow)
2. Coming in under a Pirate Flag
3. Capturing the town for yourself

Since you're playing the Standard storyline, there are plenty of flags that can get you into Tortuga.
And if the fort doesn't know you (yet), then you can always use false flags too. :ninja

How to meet Thierry Bosquet: see this thread:
Fixed - Thierry Bosquet does not appear | PiratesAhoy!
In particular, look at post #4 if you want to meet him without starting a new game.

How to get into any town if its nation hates you: hoist a false flag friendly to that nation, preferably the flag of that nation, and hope you're not recognised.

How to get into Tortuga if Pirates hate you: hoist a French flag. Although there are pirates running around the place, Tortuga (or more formally, La Tortue) is owned by France. Unless you're playing the storyline "Hoist The Colours", that is - Tortuga really is Tortuga and owned by Pirates there, I believe.

(Ninja'd by @Pieter Boelen :ninja)

Back