• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Thoughts on a chat room

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
As I find myself staring at the forums, waiting for someone to post something, a thought occurs to me...Why do we not have a chat room. Where the forum is great for presenting ideas for different game mods etc, a chat room would be great for socializing.

Though I am by no means smart enough to make said chatroom, I am told that it is fairly easy to accomplish...

Your thoughts?

( http://code.jenseng.com/jenChat/ )

Well personally speaking the Burning Brig is where some of our members "socialize".

I chat to Pieter and Thomas both about the mod and just life in general on msn messanger haha

If you want to chat to someone I would recommend just asking for their msn details via PM (saves us from having to set it up and loosing people posting on the forum)

This is just my opinion though ;)

Wasn't there are discussion a while back about a shoutbox or an irc channel between pirates ahoy and hooked on pirates?

I think at one point, a few years ago, someone did setup an chat room on IRC. I'm not sure how popular it was though, I believe part of that was during a time when I wasn't spending much time on the forum. It would be kind of cool to speak to you scallywags "live" so to speak. It's been so long since I have been on IRC though, I dunno if I even remember how to chat, let alone set up a bot! xD:

*POOF*

"TADA!"

---------------
l SHOUT! l
---------------

"Your wish is my command! You ask for a shout in a box, you get a shout in a box!"

"Hairy Kasim ALWAYS delivers!"

al.gif

"Remember me for Birthdays and special occasions! Half off for infidels!" :woot xD:

If you need a shoutbox I believe I can get the latest IP.Shoutbox and give it to ya ;) Just PM me if you do

I thought I would revive this topic...since this is something I would like to see here.

Every once and I while i see users online, that I have never spoken to, or had a forum discussion with. I think that a chat room, or heck, even a shoutbox could really bring the group closer together here at PA!

I thought i would give this idea a proper nudge in the right direction :walkplank

I was thinking about this... and thought of Skype as an option.... Of course on Skype your real name turns up and if you dont want that you cant participate unfortunatly

Tho skype may be an interesting side route, I would like the ability to come here to talk with a bunch of peers in the same room. Skype is a bit too personal. as is the Personal Messenger already available.

Skype has the ability to make a big chat room :yes

My mum is a facebook gamer and she is always in big chat rooms on skype with her clan :rofl

interesting...

But you see at the bottom of the page, right now We have OfficerPuppy, Captain Maggee and CatalinathePirate all online....we could all be shooting the breeze in a chatroom...

Back