• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Tie other textures to the location

Myth

Freebooter
Good evening. If anyone has the time and ability to help me with location editing. The location needs to re-snap the textures of the earth. Now the location has 5 or 6 textures of the earth (on different parts different textures). The problem is that the location is very visible joints between different textures. So I want to replace the textures of the stones, and replace the texture of the earth with one texture.

You mean HEX editing the location model to use different textures?
Or you need to change the UV mapping altogether?

HEX editing - doesn't really fit because the texture direction doesn't match. You can see that this is not a solid texture, but the same, but in different directions. I can show the problem on the screenshots if necessary. UV mapping altogether can help.

In the first screenshot, you can see the problem with a well-known seam between textures. And the second one shows what I did when I tried to change the texture.

Attachments

• eAyavt4rgEg.jpg
    eAyavt4rgEg.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 6Tzl9OWAGXc.jpg
    6Tzl9OWAGXc.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 155
Ouch; that indeed looks quite harsh.

Alternate idea... maybe you can add some extra rocks and bushes on the ground to "mask" that effect?

Back