• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help time scalar not working

kaizerkat

Freebooter
playing b14 beta 3 full and like always i play with real time. In the internalsettings, i put under time scalars how many seconds reflect the time clock at sea from 5 to 1. WHEN AT SEA I NOTICE THE CLOCK counting down the minutes like seconds, ie it takes one minute to complete one hour. No matter what i do, so far, i can not fix this. I wuld like the clock to run like a real clock does. Is this a bug?

What exactly did you change? Did you try setting it back to what it was?

i went into internalsettings.h file and went to time scalars and the line that states time scalar at sea, i changed the # 5 to 1, so that i would have a true hour at sea.

That value should make zero difference, because it is overridden by this function in PROGRAM\NK.c:
Code:
void InitOpenSeaMod()
{
   ref PChar = GetMainCharacter();
   if(iRealismMode>1 || OPEN_SEA_MOD)
   {
     DIRECTENCOUNTERCHANCE =                 25;     // chance in percent that an encounter fleet appears every hour
     DIRECTENCOUNTERDISTANCE =               2250;   // distance from player at which random ships appear
     ISLANDSWITCHDISTANCE =                 30000.0;// for islandcell mode only: distance from island at which transfer to neighbour island starts
     ENCOUNTERBREAK =                   3.0;   // LDH - Changed to float, number is hours per encounter, directsail is called every 5 minutes occasionally
     // so you can let the clock run faster (by increasing TIMESCALAR_SEA below), meaning longer voyagetimes, without getting too many encounters.

TIMESCALAR_SEA =                   15;     // INT - how many seconds of gametime one second of realtime is at sea
     MAX_WBALLAST =                     10;     // INT - how far the weighting will swing in favor of current trend.. use positive integer between 0 and 50 - 0 is no swing - 50 is major swing.. this is for Windspeed
     MAX_RBALLAST =                     10;     // ^^DITTO for rain
     MAX_FBALLAST =                     10;     // ^^DITTO for fog
     MAX_ABALLAST =                     10.0;   // FLOAT - ^^DITTO for wind angle

MAX_WINDCHANGE =                    3;     // INT - How much the wind CAN change in one hour - use positive integer between 0 and 20
     MAX_FOGCHANGE =                      3;     // INT - ^^DITTO for fog
     MAX_RAINCHANGE =                    3;     // INT - ^^DITTO for rain

COASTRAIDER_CHANCE =                  0.01;   // FLOAT - Generates local ships in ports and around the islands. Some are local merchants, others pirates.
                                   // 0.0 : Stock PotC, no local ships at all
                                   // 0.1 - 0.9 : The higher that value the more pirates instead of merchants appear
     NAVYRAIDER_CHANCE =                  2.0;    // FLOAT - Ditto, but chance that raider is a foreign warship. Chance for that is coastraider_chance * navyraider_chance
     MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER =       100.0;   // FLOAT - original value is 500 - Petros: reset to 500.0 to prevent trouble
     MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_ENTER_2_LOCATION =   100.0;   // FLOAT - original value is 500
     RANGE_TO_ENEMY =                   3500;   // INT - in feet/yards/whatever unit the game uses.

WDM_MAP_TO_SEA_SCALE =                 60;     // orig 19.607843 for this and next line
     WDM_MAP_TO_SEA_ENCOUNTERS_SCALE =           60;     // was 60 in build, 10.0 in stock. NK 05-04-30
   }
   else
   {
     DIRECTENCOUNTERCHANCE =                 50;     // chance in percent that an encounter fleet appears every hour
     DIRECTENCOUNTERDISTANCE =               1000;   // distance from player at which random ships appear
     ISLANDSWITCHDISTANCE =                 5000.0; // for islandcell mode only: distance from island at which transfer to neighbour island starts
     ENCOUNTERBREAK =                   1.0;   // LDH - Changed to float, number is hours per encounter, directsail is called every 5 minutes occasionally
     // so you can let the clock run faster (by increasing TIMESCALAR_SEA below), meaning longer voyagetimes, without getting too many encounters.

TIMESCALAR_SEA =                    5;     // INT - how many seconds of gametime one second of realtime is at sea
     MAX_WBALLAST =                     25;     // INT - how far the weighting will swing in favor of current trend.. use positive integer between 0 and 50 - 0 is no swing - 50 is major swing.. this is for Windspeed
     MAX_RBALLAST =                     25;     // ^^DITTO for rain
     MAX_FBALLAST =                     25;     // ^^DITTO for fog
     MAX_ABALLAST =                     25.0;   // FLOAT - ^^DITTO for wind angle

MAX_WINDCHANGE =                   5;     // INT - How much the wind CAN change in one hour - use positive integer between 0 and 20
     MAX_FOGCHANGE =                     5;     // INT - ^^DITTO for fog
     MAX_RAINCHANGE =                   5;     // INT - ^^DITTO for rain

COASTRAIDER_CHANCE =                  0.2;   // FLOAT - Generates local ships in ports and around the islands. Some are local merchants, others pirates.
                                   // 0.0 : Stock PotC, no local ships at all
                                   // 0.1 - 0.9 : The higher that value the more pirates instead of merchants appear
     NAVYRAIDER_CHANCE =                  0.4;    // FLOAT - Ditto, but chance that raider is a foreign warship. Chance for that is coastraider_chance * navyraider_chance
     MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER =       500.0;   // FLOAT - original value is 500 - Petros: reset to 500.0 to prevent trouble
     MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_ENTER_2_LOCATION =   500.0;   // FLOAT - original value is 500
     RANGE_TO_ENEMY =                   3000;   // INT - in feet/yards/whatever unit the game uses.

WDM_MAP_TO_SEA_SCALE =               19.607843;   // orig 19.607843 for this and next line
     WDM_MAP_TO_SEA_ENCOUNTERS_SCALE =         19.607843;   // was 60 in build, 10.0 in stock. NK 05-04-30
   }
}

There isn't supposed to be too much need to edit it, really. Import settings are in the in-game Game Preferences menu.
And the only other stuff that is meant to be edited is at the top and bottom of that file. The other stuff are just constants that the game was balanced with.

playing b14 beta 3 full and like always i play with real time. In the internalsettings, i put under time scalars how many seconds reflect the time clock at sea from 5 to 1. WHEN AT SEA I NOTICE THE CLOCK counting down the minutes like seconds, ie it takes one minute to complete one hour. No matter what i do, so far, i can not fix this. I wuld like the clock to run like a real clock does. Is this a bug?
Making the game time like real time? - do I understand you correctly?

I still think we should take those CCCSail constands and move them to internal settings tough

You mean the InitOpenSeaMod function? They used to be in InternalSettings.h only, but being #defines, they couldn't be changed through code in the game.

Back