• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help To much floating cargo in directsail

Note that balancing this for Open Sea Mod ON/OFF must be done separately.

That effect must be 100% random. :shrug
A couple of weeks ago I was often encountering things in bunches. Like 3 native rafts in a row; then, after a while, several dismasted vessels. Made me wonder if there is a bias in RNG. But that was probably just a coincidence. Haven't happened recently, anyway.

The demasted vessels came because they hit each other. This is fixed recently by not giving ship collision damage if they are both AI ships

Methinks the dismasted ships he is talking about are the drifting packet boats that you can find loot in, and sometimes bombs.

That collision damage fix has reduced Graphic Anomalies by 80-90%.

Hylie also seems to think that the random function in the game has it out for him. But I don't see how that is possible.
I always understood that a computer cannot actually do something like a "rand" function, but to fake it they return the exact fraction of a second of the processor.
Or something like that.

Anyway, the result should be pretty much the same as the MOMENT that the rand call is made should be quite random.
Perhaps it gets different if a rand is called several times at almost the same moment? But even then, time still has passed and it should return a different number.

Note also that some of the random encounters DO have higher chances than others.
The "boat" and "hulk" ones, for example, have double chance compared to other stuff.

That collision damage fix has reduced Graphic Anomalies by 80-90%.
That's good! :cheers

Back