• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

To Ransom or Not to Ransom

Nenketsu

Landlubber
When prisoners become like stock investments. Should I pull out now for fear of escape, or ride the wave?

Seriously though, I forgot about this guy and his ransom just keeps climbing higher.

20210708161049_1.jpg

What's the highest ransom you guys have seen?

Should I pull out now for fear of escape, or ride the wave?
It's like a brand new game! :rofl

And yep, that IS an impressive number!
Surprised the guy hasn't escaped by now.

Extra little bit of complexity: how do you cash in on that ransom?
You'll get the full 100% if you do it in a French port; but they are probably your enemies.
If you do it in a neutral or friendly port instead, you get much less.

It's like a brand new game! :rofl

And yep, that IS an impressive number!
Surprised the guy hasn't escaped by now.

Extra little bit of complexity: how do you cash in on that ransom?
You'll get the full 100% if you do it in a French port; but they are probably your enemies.
If you do it in a neutral or friendly port instead, you get much less.

True. Currently in my play through I've managed to remain at "Unrecognized" fame levels which I think this is only because of the "Sea Hawk" storyline. But if I continue on it will be more and more difficult to ransom him at full price... Though at this rate he may more than pay off the bribe it takes to make them happy and then some, haha!

Later on, you're going to need to be able to take on a fort for story purposes. If Virgile Boon still hasn't jumped overboard by then, just sail into St. Pierre harbour, flatten the fort, loot the store, and then ransom your prisoner - right back where you found him in the first place.

Back