• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Too long a delay with cannons!?

Cap'n Cornish

Landlubber
I've noticed and got entirely annoyed with this, how do you adjust the time delay between the cannons firing and you actually pressing the fire key, as I like to try and use the roll of the waves to help me gain a little distancewith my guns and therefore want them to fire when i tell them too not as long as 20 seconds later for the last cannon to go off. as most of your shots then fall short as uve rolled back down the wave as they go off.

Too answer peoples questions in other topics about someone being able to add new caliber cannons etc. it was me although it didnt entirely work, the pictures appear etc but the actual calibre doesn't appear so u have to remember the prices of the guns to remember their calibre. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Also my actual carronades i made were actually just short range cannons, but is there an actual way of adding a different type of cannon? If so please let me know.

Also another question, I took some sounds of cannons from Master and Commander DVD and renamed them to the same as the ones in potc and they didnt work in game any ideas?

Lastly if anyone needs help in adding cannons i will attempt to help them with what knowledge i have gained but like i said i cant get the calibre numbers to appear with the images only the image appears in the menu.

regards,

Cap'n Cornish.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain the delay between you selecting fire, and you actually firing depends on your cannon skill.

Regarding the Master and Commander sounds, I tried that as well, and they didn't work. The sounds from the movie are so much more real and vibrant, its truly a shame. Perhaps someone with better sound editing skills can figure that one out though.

If you could write code for a 6pdr, a 9prd, and an 18 pdr, I would be much obliged. I'll look into why you didn't see the names.

Check this thread: <a href="http://forum.piratesahoy.net/ftopic2499.php&sid=f4a97465ee5d8c98a9c0d37d5a02b2d9" target="_blank">http://forum.piratesahoy.net/ftopic2499.ph...9c0d37d5a02b2d9</a>

Back