• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Tool: locator export question

Myth

Freebooter
Good afternoon. I cannot understand in what order the locators are written when they are saved to a file. When exporting locators, the order of coordinates is not the same as when they were edited. The problem is that I have an Excel table with locators and now I need to load data from this table into the locator file, but I do not understand in what order the columns should be placed. Thanks for your help.

Here's a line from a text file which I created by exporting locators from a ship's mast model:
Code:
geometry,rey_a2,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,0.002071772,6.903503,-0.008119751,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,
That looks like:
Group, Locator, XX, XY, XZ, YX, YY, YZ, ZX, ZY, ZZ, X, Y, Z, S0, S1 - and then seven extra 0's which I can't identify so they should probably be left as 0.

In TOOL's own locator view, the co-ordinates are shown before the facings. In the text line, they appear to be the other way round.

This code from New Horizon's console.c can write TOOL-compatible locator coordinates for the player's current position to compile.log:
Code:
               float x,y,z,ay,xx,zz,xz,zx;
               GetCharacterPos(GetMainCharacter(), &x, &y, &z);
               GetCharacterAy(pchar, &ay);
               xx = -sin(ay - PId2);
               zz = xx;
               xz = -cos(ay - PId2);
               zx = -xz;
               trace("rld,loc," +xx+",0,"+xz+",0,1,0,"+zx+",0,"+zz+","+x+","+y+","+z+",1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,");

As far as I remember, there was an instruction on the forum on how to transfer data from the Excel table to the tool, but I can't find it. Can anyone share the link?

Yes, I saw the message. This guide helped me solve the problem that caused me to create this topic. Thank you so much.

Back