• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Tortuga capture bug

Dextr

Sailor
After battling your way through the fort itself, the town screen is shown, but after the loading's done, the display simply goes black, with a little icon of the player on top, siege theme playing, etc.

Indeed the .log files would be interesting here. Might be related to the replaced locations.

I did check, but I didn't quite figure out what's wrong... Could you please verify what exactly should be uploaded? Save game before the event? .log files? Right after the bug appears? I have already been playing for some time after that...

I especially need to see the .log files after the problem occurred. Hopefully that will give us a clue on what's up.
A savegame prior to it might indeed be useful for testing as well.

Here are the files and save.
I noticed the "boarding location not loaded" in the compile file, does it shed some light? Also, do you suggest that all improved towns could be affected?

Attachments

• error.zip
    684 KB · Views: 105
Code:
resource\models\locations\Town_Tortuga\errorb.gm: can't open geometry file
Definitely something going wrong. The game should be trying to load "Tortuga_lb.gm" there.
Not sure where the error comes from. @Jack Rackham: Any thoughts?

Also, do you suggest that all improved towns could be affected?
I *think* Bartolomeu set them up properly and they should actually work, but it is possible that they don't.

In the errorlog:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_boarding.c; line: 2237
missed attribute: locators

which gives:
boarding_town.models.always.locators = rloc.models.always.locators + "b";

I don't use a "models.always.locators" at all but 2 different instead:
Locations[n].models.day.locators = "Tortuga_l_day";
Locations[n].models.night.locators = "Tortuga_l_night";

so I guess I have to do an exception in LAi_boarding line 2237 for Tortuga_port.

Back