• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tracking/finding quest ships

jmaverick

Sailor
:rolleyes: Hi, you for sure know the situation, while walking in the village streets you are stoppds by someone asking you to rescue a kidnapped husband or wife or to find a husband who has forgotten about his family. You get the ship and captain's names. Now, the problem is if there is a sure way to find the ship? I've tried to track the ship through port controllers, but often you wander without any outcome. The only positive sistuation is when randomly, in the map, you meet a ship and you get a message 'spotted ship'. I've got four or five 'find the ship' open quests: is there a way to close them? Thx, bye.

Yes when your sailing around in world map you will see ships with different coloured sails, these are different for different reasons. I don't know the colour meanings but i think the red sails mean they are ships you've been asked to kill the captain onboard. Get close to them when the icon comes up showing you can engage, enter sail mode and thats it attack the ship and kill the captain. Return to town you got the quest from and inform the person you have done the quest and you will be rewarded.

The colors that I now:
Green - use boat and talk to the quest person (remember you have to be the same or an ally nationality, if not you will end with a fight)
Orange - board the ship
Red - destroy the ship not borad it and then destroy
Grey - i never met one so i don't now

Violet another quests like for example: Brig Queen or the musket quest

The colors that I now:
Green - use boat and talk to the quest person (remember you have to be the same or an ally nationality, if not you will end with a fight)
Orange - board the ship
Red - destroy the ship not borad it and then destroy
Grey - i never met one so i don't now

Violet another quests like for example: Brig Queen or the musket quest

Just couple of things to add:

Red - board or destroy ship, usually board (captured bride/groom, stolen ship and lady's/gentleman's revenge are those that i can remember where these ships appear)

Gold - Gold fleet (preferably board and then sink, since they carry a lot of gold :sail )

Violet - big quest ships (along with those two quests mentioned, both ships that you have to find in pirate quest-line have violet sails too...sharp's ship has green sails tho)

And I've also never seen Gray sails.

Back