• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trade Winds quest doesn't say island

Limbless

Landlubber
(sorry about this, but this is a repost of a thread from the "Technical Support" subsection, as I'm not sure if it really belongs in there... mods, could you please delete whichever is less appropriate? Thank you! :) )

edit: I just realised I made a mistake in the title of this thread - the quest is actually called "Merchant Winds". Oh well.

When taking a delivery quest from a store ("Want to charter my ship", the randomly-generated one), the dialogue is slightly screwed up, as is the log entry. There are spaces missing in the text, some weird grammar, and the name of the island on which the town the quest requires the player to go to is not said, even in the quest log - although the format of the text that is there would suggest the island is meant to be said, and the fact that every other similar quest says what island the required town is on. This is extremely annoying for me, as I don't know what islands the towns are on, and especially since it would seem like a very basic thing to fix. Does everyone get this problem, and is there any way I can fix it?

Thanks.

(PS: please don't just tell me to 'get a map'. I also know about the "tab" thing on the main map - it says island names, not town names, so that doesn't really help.)

EDIT: NEVER MIND! Fixed it. :) If anyone wants the files I edited, just say so and I'll upload them. Turns out it was just a few lines in two text files - some dense mofo put in a couple of utterly useless and totally nonsensical "if" statements, and completely ignored the syntax of calling the process to get the name of the island required. I changed a simple few lines (simple... right... I just spent two hours on it :p ) and it's all good, now! :D

(sorry about this, but this is a repost of a thread from the "Technical Support" subsection, as I'm not sure if it really belongs in there... mods, could you please delete whichever is less appropriate? Thank you! :) )

edit: I just realised I made a mistake in the title of this thread - the quest is actually called "Merchant Winds". Oh well.

When taking a delivery quest from a store ("Want to charter my ship", the randomly-generated one), the dialogue is slightly screwed up, as is the log entry. There are spaces missing in the text, some weird grammar, and the name of the island on which the town the quest requires the player to go to is not said, even in the quest log - although the format of the text that is there would suggest the island is meant to be said, and the fact that every other similar quest says what island the required town is on. This is extremely annoying for me, as I don't know what islands the towns are on, and especially since it would seem like a very basic thing to fix. Does everyone get this problem, and is there any way I can fix it?

Thanks.

(PS: please don't just tell me to 'get a map'. I also know about the "tab" thing on the main map - it says island names, not town names, so that doesn't really help.)

EDIT: NEVER MIND! Fixed it. :) If anyone wants the files I edited, just say so and I'll upload them. Turns out it was just a few lines in two text files - some dense mofo put in a couple of utterly useless and totally nonsensical "if" statements, and completely ignored the syntax of calling the process to get the name of the island required. I changed a simple few lines (simple... right... I just spent two hours on it :p ) and it's all good, now! :D
Were these modifications to vanilla game or combined mod 3.1.5?

Thanks!

Cap'n Drow

I'm using the Combined Mod 3.1.5, so I suppose they're for that.

That being said, do "Common_Store.c", "quests_reaction.c" and "quests_texts.txt" get modified by the combined mod? (I ask because it may be possible to use them with either version of the game, modded or unmodded, if those particular files aren't changed by the mod)

Hi Limbless,

Attach the files please....I have same problem too.

:cheers
damski.

I'm using the Combined Mod 3.1.5, so I suppose they're for that.

That being said, do "Common_Store.c", "quests_reaction.c" and "quests_texts.txt" get modified by the combined mod? (I ask because it may be possible to use them with either version of the game, modded or unmodded, if those particular files aren't changed by the mod)

First yes i would be interested in seeing the files you edited please. These files have been edited in the past and will be again one day. Perhaps when someone makes there own questline for a character or something like that.

Link to RAR of 3 text files (note that it is also attached to this post, just to be double-sure)

I'm not exactly sure which folders these files go in - but do a search in the game's folder and you'll surely be able to figure it out. :)

As a disclaimer, I'm allowing anyone to use and redistribute these as they please. I'd appreciate a mention of who made it (me) in any redistribution but it's not really necessary. I also don't take any responsibility for any negative effects they may have on your install (note: they won't have any, but you know how this sort of thing works :) ).

Attachments

• newtexts.rar
    119.5 KB · Views: 77
Thanks and yes its easy to locate the folders they belong to.

Program\DIALOGS\russian == Common_Store
Program\Quests == quests_reaction
RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian\questbook == quests_texts

In Common_Store did you add this line of code?
Code:
AddQuestUserData("DELIVERY_TRADE_QUEST", "sIsland", XI_ConvertString(pchar.CargoQuest.iTradeIsland+"Dat"));

Did you remove this from quests_reaction?
Code:
 attrName = "";
if (pchar.CargoQuest.iTradeIsland != pchar.CargoQuest.iTradeColony)
{
attrName = QUEST_REACT[196] + XI_ConvertString(pchar.CargoQuest.iTradeIsland+"Dat");
}

And finally did you change the following in quests_texts?
from
Code:
in @<island>.

to
Code:
on @<sIsland>.

Thanks and yes its easy to locate the folders they belong to.

Program\DIALOGS\russian == Common_Store
Program\Quests == quests_reaction
RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian\questbook == quests_texts

In Common_Store did you add this line of code?
Code:
AddQuestUserData("DELIVERY_TRADE_QUEST", "sIsland", XI_ConvertString(pchar.CargoQuest.iTradeIsland+"Dat"));

Did you remove this from quests_reaction?
Code:
 attrName = "";
if (pchar.CargoQuest.iTradeIsland != pchar.CargoQuest.iTradeColony)
{
attrName = QUEST_REACT[196] + XI_ConvertString(pchar.CargoQuest.iTradeIsland+"Dat");
}

And finally did you change the following in quests_texts?
from
Code:
in @<island>.

to
Code:
on @<sIsland>.

Yep, those look like the fellows. I think that's everything I changed. Doesn't look like a whole lot now, but it was bloody hard to find them. :p

Thats what happens when its all summed up, i will test it out later today and if it works i'll included it in the next patch for CMV3. :onya

Back