• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Tradebook updating in arcade mode

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
So I don't know if people actually know this but the prices shown in the tradebook won't update unless you actually visit a store. I think this is a very neat feature, but when thinking about play styles and difficulty settings I would like to hear idea's about this.
I was thinking about maybe having the tradebook auto update when playing in arcade mode and/or the lowest difficutly setting to make this a bit easier for newer people to understand.

I do like that it doesn't auto-update and that is also indicated by the "store not visited" text in the interface.
Though I could understand having it automatic in Arcade Game Mode, with a separate toggle in InternalSettings.h for players who want to keep things as-is.
Depends on what the Arcade Players would actually like.

Personally I do use Arcade Game Mode most of the time, but that is mainly because it is much easier for testing purposes.
With higher realism modes, the game does actually become much more interesting as you're forced to actually partake in the game world.

Back