• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Trading

Luiz

Sailor Apprentice
When I try to trade the result is always lower then the quantity I spent. I'll give an example, I went to Speightown and bought 100 of gold and that costed me 121569 of money. And then I went to bonaire to sell the gold, ive checked the exportation and importation number but still I loose money, ive sold the gold for 108000. Why is that?

There are many reasons for losing money while trading.
What is your commerce skill? Low skills mean that you do not get the best prices and will buy for more and sell for less. There are items like scales and books that help.

Every store has a buy and sell price. The merchant wants his profits too. The higher your commerce skills the lower his profit and the higher your profit.

It is best to play it safe early in the game and just carry cargo until you have visited a few islands. Then you will have an idea of what to buy here so that you can sell it for a profit there as you can look up their prices before buying cargo.

Also remember that if you try and sell a large quantity of a good to a store - the unit price that you are paid will drop the more you try to sell.

You can watch it change as you change the quantity you are selling on the store trading screen.

:read

having the perks for commerce helps a lot, but still it's hard to get a profit indeed. I normally really watch the numbers for buying and selling and in that way I can make a profit but you really need those perks if you want to get a profit which is worth the travel. I don't know for sure but one thing I noticed was that the margins seems to be lower on cheap things in shops so if you dont have the perks yet you should trader in cheaper stuff, this way you can get a profit.
But I'm not sure if this is intentional or if it was just by coïncidence.

Ideally, I suppose the trading system should be looked at. But I don't know when anyone would get round to doing it.
I've definitely have had enough of bugs, bugs and more bugs for quite a while. :sick

Sigh............Trading used to be too easy and people were complaining about it, so a couple of years ago it was tightened up. Now people are complaining..............

Toughen up buttercup! :whipa It will get very easy to make big profits later in the game. :bonaparte

Well now that im playing Tales of a sea Hawk storyline, with the Merchant profession choosed that gives an boost to skills Sailing and Commerce+some items that improove commerce skill its easy to trade.

I first got some other things on my todo list but I will look at this one day (soon) because I don't like it either.

Back