• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Training grounds

jip2

Sailor Apprentice
Gaining personal skills is pretty slow so where could I easily train my and my fighters skills? Preferably a place that is "quest safe" so I wouldn't break any quests while I'm rampaging :ixi

Also bout the Austin quest. When I'm headiing to the pearl village a sentry makes an alarm so there's no one in the village - except Austin. Will the villagers get back to the village after some time and will the quests that relate to that place be availible then?

Try caves with skeletons, just walk into the glowing light and they spawn-I never bothered with training though-board them enemy ships and fight for the death-you are a bloody pirate after all :ixi

As for Austin- you gotta kill the sentry before he reaches the village, and as far as I remember you have to fly spanish colors before mooring, but there must be a walkthrough somewhere on this forum anyway. :onya (look for the sticky-Preparation for a Walkthrough)

Try caves with skeletons, just walk into the glowing light and they spawn-I never bothered with training though-board them enemy ships and fight for the death-you are a bloody pirate after all :ixi

As for Austin- you gotta kill the sentry before he reaches the village, and as far as I remember you have to fly spanish colors before mooring, but there must be a walkthrough somewhere on this forum anyway. :onya (look for the sticky-Preparation for a Walkthrough)

Yarr, thanks mate. What about town guards could i kill them without breaking any quests?

And btw where could recruit crew that are agood at fighting?

Yarr, thanks mate. What about town guards could i kill them without breaking any quests?

And btw where could recruit crew that are agood at fighting?

Killing guards may break questlines, but I'm not fully sure lad.
Skelentons in Caves or Dungeons are good.

To answer ye secon question about recruiting fighters, you find them in taverns. They will usually say something like "I'm not bad at handling a sword" or somewhat similare to that, ye can also check the persons stats sometimes by saying "What are ye good for?"

I currently have 1 fighter with me who has a carbine rifle (Was a quest i received in Port Royal i believe, or Port of spain) and he be level 100 with pistols so hes really good!

Yeah, if fighters you were looking for, try the taverns, if crew members that is, then look for pirate settlements-La Francois is usually a safe bet-morale and skills of crew recruited there are above the average. :onya

Back