• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Translate the PMT Build v11 mod to Italian language

Tidus

Landlubber
Hi all, I and my crew we are make a mod who will translate Pirates of the Caribbean in Italian language. Said this, I want to make a question.
Can I translate in Italian this mod (PMT Build v11)? Even, with a collaboration with the team that has created the mod... :p:
What do you say?

Thanks, bye

Ahoy there :cheers matey, im Vassal :p: , the leader of the Pacific Piracy :p3 ,glad you entered this port :p: ,please have a seat and drink rum :p:: , dont worry your questions will be answered :cheeky

It is possible to translate the mod into Italian but you probably would have to do it yourself as I doubt that anyone from the PMT can speak Italian.

Most of the dialog is in the PROGRAMDIALOGS folder.
Perhaps when Scheffnow has finished his Dialog Merge program it would make it easier to translate most of the dialog.

I wanted make a request for translate this mod, so that also Italian gamers don't have any problem to understand new quests and texts. I don't think is necessary who anybody of the PMT team known Italian Language.
I think will be also a vantage for them. They will can release a MOD that have more than one language. Don't you think? ;)

But how would they translate it without being able to speak Italian?

They are also busy enough without translating the mod into loads of different languages most of which they don't speak.

I'm requesting a collaboration! I translate all text of this mod in Italian. ;) I'm asking if I can do this.

Yes it is possible for yo to translate it but the PMT might not be able to help you to do this as they might not be able to speak Italian.
When they get time they will make changes to the Build that will make translating it into different languages easier to do.

If you really want to translate the Build into Italian then what I would do is have two different installations of POTC.
1. Stock POTC game without Build installed, this might already be Italian as it could have been translated before being sold in Italy.
2. POTC with the Build 11 installed over it.

Then you could compare the files in the PROGRAM folder and see which files have been changed by the Build and see if any of them need to be translated.
Some of the files from your stock Italian version of POTC might not need translating and they can just be copied over to the POTC installaion with the Build installed.

In Italy POTC is in English and I with my crew are make a mod to translate the game into Italian.
I would like only to know if it's possible to create a collaboration...

It is possible to translate it into Italian but like I said I don't think that any of the PMT can speak Italian so they won't be able to collaborate with translating it.

We can do this:
1. I translate the mod;
2. I will send italian files with a mail to PMT team;
3. PMT team will release a mod version with 2 languages. English and Italian;
4. I will collaborate with the team for the next mod versions. (always for the language).

What do you think? ;)

It's not up to me it's upto the PMT.

Translating the Build would take a long time to do and it could make it much more complicated for them to do it.
Translating it fully into another language would take one person months of work as there is a large number of files that would need to be translated.

You really should contact the PMT directly and see if they can do this.
But as the Italian version would probably only be used by a relatively small number of people it might not be worth taking the time to do all of the work to integrate different languages in the Build.

Hey, another paison, this is great! I may be able to translate it for you Tidus, I speak some Italian. :dio

Are you italian? ;)
Before translate it i wish to contact anyone of the PTM team. This is the problem! I don't know how contact the team...

:yes Tidus - I am sure you can see that even simple language difficulties make this task so very frustrating! :bow

The PMT are very busy right now with a lot of their own projects, so may not be available to help you. HOWEVER, translating the game into Italian is a wonderful idea - and a LONG and involved bit of work! If you wish to make a start at it, the dialogs you will need to change are in this directory:

/Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of The Caribbean/PROGRAM/DIALOGS/

You will see both *.c files and *.h files, one each for each character that converses.

The ones you will need to change are in the .h files. Just use a plain text editor like notepad (but not wordpad or word) and save to the same file format.

That will take care of a lot of the dialog. There are, however, some dialog fragments that are in the .c files - which is why Sirus suggested you wait for Scheffnow to come out with his improved DialogMerge tool. Right now the tool as it stands will merge the .h files and the .c files to help anyone who is creating new dialog for new quests. These files, once they are merged, can be understood a bit easier, but when getting put back into the game SHOULD be separated back into .h files and .c files. Scheffnow's proposed improvement to his DialogMerge tool would make it so that the program will separate the combined .c file and the .h file back into their proper files. This will make your job a lot less `time-consuming`!

What I suggest you do until Scheffnow's improved DialogMerge tool is released, is to download the current version and get started with your translation. See your Private Messages on this site for more info. ;)

Now that should take care of the dialogs, however there are other files that you might like to change to Italian, like the quest book!

This you will find in /Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of The Caribbean/RESOURCE/QUESTSTEXT/ - the file is quests_text.txt

This can be edited just like the dialogs, and saved as a text file, no need to merge with anything else.

That should be a start for you, anyhow. Hope this helps!!! :cheers

hmmz.. I have a suggestion :d: ... mayB that you open all the .H files in the DIALOGS folder... copy the text one by one.. use babelfish to translate and paste it back.. this will go very fast I must say... it take's some hours but it is a start hea :d:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Jopieseethoek`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jopieseethoek)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hmmz.. I have a suggestion  :d: ... mayB that you open all the .H files in the DIALOGS folder... copy the text one by one.. use babelfish to translate and paste it back.. this will go very fast I must say... it take's some hours but it is a start hea  :d:[/quote]
The babelfish's translations are horrible! :d: :?

<!--`QuoteBegin-Tidus`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tidus)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks, but Do you talk about the mod or the game? :d:[/quote]Do you mean like the Build ReadMe file?

If you would like to translate that into Italian I am sure that should be no problem at all.

The information files for the Build (if you have it installed) are in the folder

PotC/BuildInfo/

Any of the text files in there can be translated, if that is what you are asking. There is info in there on the mods. :d:

I hope this helps! :d:

Back