• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trapped in Hornblower storyline

tommy61157

Unofficial Pirate Potato
Staff member
QA Tester
Provisional
Storm Modder
Hey guys, I got myself trapped at the part of the antigua invasion right after talking to sharpe, I accidentally saved when my only option was to go to a french prison or die from the cannon, and I can't re-initiate the conversation to change my choice due to where I saved, but I put a lot of work into that save and I REALLY don't want to restart, can someone maybe offer a workaround?

Bloody Kids !! ;)

O.K. - Lets be sure where you are first.
You just found the dead riflemen and went to the beach ?
or
You chose to wander off on your own ?

Which one?

I saw the dead rifleman and went to the beach

Right - so you are on the beach with Sharpe & Quelp and riflemen Haqggman, Tongue and Harper.
Sharpe and Quelp have spoken to you.

What should happen is rifleman Mansfield runs up with a message.

Did that happen?

So just Sharpe and Quelp?
They both spoke and then the riflemen arrived.

I'm trying to work out which answer you made to Sharpe to get you into this pickle.

yep, just sharpe and quelp, I'm really sorry that I'm taking your time up with this, but I want to beat this storyline! (hopefully when we get this resolved, the standard dialog replacing quest dialog issue doesn't come up again...)

Is there a way I can just go back to the beginning of this quest?

Is there not Chingachgook, the last of the expert Mohicans to speak with in Houston? text us. - Dim, damn, dumb, is he already gone, me's typing too slow. Okay then, le' us take it more laid-back, boddle of miniature ship along side vip. Everybody has started the story's intro? wo, had a spare-par'y at all of 'em? you nick me rare horn, why not choose Hoist the Rainbow, when that french maid tells you the weather has cleared up a bit. Keep us messaged when the archipelago is whirling wiv all kinds of jocose streamers from every ten-tactical centipede. - Ey, methinks you're bluffing. Hmm, increase the inset, put the tailor's best threads on the table, another fool house out of the sleeve and order a round for the fixing modders. Drinkfish are having a bath, foxes rolling off the roxes. Ney, couldn't tell what's wrong with the following post from his admirable huffing sniffle galloping novae, the missing-sipping skipper. Hold on to yer straw, hat and wits. Newt Moon, isn't it? lonely Polaris on its own, heave an elbow and the magne'ic plateau's gonna show you a purpose-made star-sign. Hmm, a hart, moose, deer and Orion the hunter ...on a fleet of rushing running-away gags. - Pardonski? your loyal flash is more worth than my complet' Chinese ceramic set? you are poking a jest i presume. More clowns more. ..in a row of taking-off roofs changeable bobbing moves. Lolletyes

ow, byHawaij, you better not mess with a, oooh? sailor apprentice, ooh yeah. La-la, a shoe bubbling with several feets of fizzy froth svp

Nobody has got an idea? why not speak to Monk E. Python on Nevis for an exchange of swords? kinda cheap trip. Next meeting you show him a trickentastic charm of you-name-it. Diplomat? on a spree of worldly lore of things. - Wot? find, fight and turn them all into rowing toads lots of quaaking twerps. En kindergarde, yo-eh

Is there a way I can just go bacek to the beginning of this quest?
Yes there is:
Restart the game in cheat mode. (I used this for testing the game as I wrote it - so the first scene may be a bit jerky, but that fixes itself in the outskirts)
Before you enter the Naval Academy, walk right to the back of the town where you will find C.J. Forester.
Talk to him and select the second option and you will be back at the point where Wellesley tells you what's happening. You will have to wait a few seconds for the game to reset here but he will come so be patient.

I don't think Sharpe will be there in the first scene (he is cancelled out as an officer because of the new game start - but is there when you go to the outskirts)
Some of the uniforms will be incorrect but right themselves later in the game.
You will also need to use numberpad 4 to get your skills back too.
(Remember that this was used by me just for testing)

What I am trying to do is work a fix via the console that will let you keep you skills, weapons etc. but right now my main computer has died and I am doing this on a laptop which is nowhere near as fast and it (console) is playing me up.
So perhaps you should start the new game with a new profile so you can go back to "your" game when I do have a solution.

well, problem is, pressing the 4 while having the new skill system enabled only gives you ability points, nothing happens to the skills... eh, screw it, I'll restart, I'm sorry for taking up your time with this, I'll be sure to be more careful and to keep 2-3 saves at a time from now on, love your storyline, hate how stuff keeps coming up (at least this time it wasn't a bug). Also, lol to pieter hein, do you get his language at all, short jack? lol

Ney, you're right, all one understands is that his pc went out of orbit or sumpting. Anyone noticed? all proper problems occur on the weekend, hope this can be at least adapted to with the Leap Day, fab.

Hey, i actually first started with this here monumental beginning, on a third-class ship too. All things being said on Hornblower's first halt are so very much authentic, imaginative and funny. Thought then someone else should get into trouble, win the forts and stuff whahh. Do not stop there, friends. Neptuna's bed-spread has to flap from all islands, mind. ...what's the cod' for flying fish hits the banner-mast and people get iets for the roffle. - Ahya, do not bother with allotting a point at Shared Experience, them officers' neither skills nor abilities can be increased. You better wait a little, assemble luck wisdom, climb the flagpole yourself and tell the fish to make it sprightly. Aloha

Back