• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trouble sneakin' amongst the Dons

Fred Bob

Shrimping Fool
Staff member
Administrator
Well, onct agin, de English Guv be a wantin' Fred Bob tew sneak in amongst dem Spaniards at Cartagena an' fetch some papers. Fine hawk me jewels, buy a tradin' license, raise me yellow an' red flag, but what the hey, they be firin' at Fred Bob! :facepalm
Dis time Fred Bob brought two ships, mebbe he should only come in one, ye thinks?! :huh Idears, mateys? :cheeky

Well, onct agin, de English Guv be a wantin' Fred Bob tew sneak in amongst dem Spaniards at Cartagena an' fetch some papers. Fine hawk me jewels, buy a tradin' license, raise me yellow an' red flag, but what the hey, they be firin' at Fred Bob! :facepalm
Dis time Fred Bob brought two ships, mebbe he should only come in one, ye thinks?! :huh Idears, mateys? :cheeky

Avast ye salty dog! Have ye tried sailin into port under cover o' darkness and shadows while the moon be high?

When ye switched to Spanish colors, was it still on the world map? or were ye in view of the spanish fort o' cannons?

The last time I sailed' into a spanish port flyin' th' spanish colors, wi' a tradin' license I be able t' get in fine. :doff

If nary of those be workin, ye could always use yer pegleg from a nearby cove and sneak/fight into town at night! :ixi

To enter an enemy town you must:
1. Have no bounty on your head from this nation
2. Change the flag to a friendly to this nation flag (not nessesary the same flag)
3. Have valid trade license
4. Go freely to your man

OR
1. Have no bounty on your head from this nation
2. Have relatively high stealth skill (70+ if you don't want to reload too much)
3. Change the flag to a friendly flag
4. Disembark to some nearby beach during the night
5. If you got "Warnirng: XXX saw you as enemy" you must go at the sea again and change the flag again
6. If no warning appears you must enter the town from the jungle between 23.00 and 06.00 and sneak to the tavern to sleep untill the daylight
7. During the day go to your man but avoid when possible the guards

Notice: If you have stealth skill about 100 you can go directly in the port but still there is a chance you will be caught with pants down; entering the port during the night definitely helps

Hmm, good advise thar, Handel! :cheeky

Fred Bob follered Method #1, but now he be thinkin' sumptin' went wrong when a buyin' de trade license... should he be gittin' a logbook entry, ye thinks?! :? Also, he got de "Warning: XXX saw you as enemy" message both times he tried, which led tew these here suspicions... :shrug

Arrrgh! Fred Bob prolly gotta reload an old save an' repurchase dat blasted trade license agin! :modding

Hmm, good advise thar, Handel! :cheeky

Fred Bob follered Method #1, but now he be thinkin' sumptin' went wrong when a buyin' de trade license... should he be gittin' a logbook entry, ye thinks?! :? Also, he got de "Warning: XXX saw you as enemy" message both times he tried, which led tew these here suspicions... :shrug

Arrrgh! Fred Bob prolly gotta reload an old save an' repurchase dat blasted trade license agin! :modding

I would say you bought the wrong license. The diplomats sells trade licences, caper license and simple reconsiliation - bounty removed and reputations set at normal.

Done tried it again last night! :rolleyes:
Fred Bob be reloadin' a previous save an' redone de purchase o' dat blasted Don trade license! :facepalm
Dis time it hit de logbook right proper an' got added tew me item inventory like s'posed to! :huh
Fred Bob hain't be recallin' any messages de first time he be tryin' tew purchase one! :shrug
Dese kinda buggy thangs be a concernin' tew ol' Fred Bob! :eek:k

Make with the frequent saving, and don't overwrite your old ones and the buggy bits can be forgiven pretty quick by a quick reload. I save fairly often and haven't lost more than 15 minutes or so from a crash/bug. :onya

You're probably way beyond this by now,Fred Bob, but just in case newer players have had this problem, I've always snuck in via the jungle after midnight, dodged the alert guards and duck into the pub for the night. Next day, the guards aren't as sharp, and it's not difficult to accomplish the mission. Then, either go back to the saloon until midnight and then sneak back through the guards to the jungle entrance. Or, you can simply go to the exit gate. There, you'll be challenged, but you can sheath your sword and then run out of the city, suffering only a cut or two, but this does save time if you need it. It's also easier then getting by the rather pesky guards. :dance

Back