• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trouble with New Horizons installation

LuckySparrow

Landlubber
I got the original PotC disk and created the install on a computer with a CD Drive. I then transferred the files over to my main computer I will be playing the game on. I transferred the files to the C:drive (outside of the Program Files as specified in the directions).

I installed both downloadable files for Part 1 and 2 (New Horizons Build 14) to another folder on the C:drive. When I run the Build14_installer_25052018.exe I hit a snag. I start the installation wizard and get to where I need to select the location of the original game. When I do that I get an error message and the installation stops. I'm not sure how I can progress.

The New Horizons download file I created has:
b14_beta3_full (1).7z
b14_beta3_full.7z
Build14_installer_25052018 (1).exe
Build14_installer_25052018.exe
In the file. The original folder location with the full version of the game has both the engine.exe and readme.txt files in it.

The error message I get when I am trying to select the location and hit "Next" is: "main files archive file not present. Place 'b14_beta4_final.tar' in this folder to continue." Where do I get that file?

b14_beta3_full (1).7z
b14_beta3_full.7z
Build14_installer_25052018 (1).exe
Build14_installer_25052018.exe
The "(1)" files sound like superfluous copies.
Check if their filesizes are equal and if yes, remove the "(1)" versions.

Also, the "b14_beta3_full.7z" is an earlier modpack version, so you don't need that one either.

Place 'b14_beta4_final.tar' in this folder to continue." Where do I get that file?
Does this work?
Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 2: Contents Archive file - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean

Back