• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Trouble with Screenshots

A.H

Privateer
since my laptop got formatted.. i can't make screenshots anymore.. neither prnt scrn nor F13.. i pressed a lot of buttons and all i got in my POTC folder is screenshots but in 3D format that can open in a special 3D print program.. and when i open, it is half a picture of 3d:
thfgh.jpg

5) since my laptop got formatted.. i can't make screenshots anymore.. neither prnt scrn nor F13.. i pressed a lot of buttons and all i got in my POTC folder is screenshots but in 3D format that can open in a special 3D print program.. and when i open, it is half a picture of 3d:
View attachment 25303
which format is this? It should be in .tga, it could be you assigned the 3d program to .tga files by accident? try to open it with paint.net or something like that

On my last laptop format, I had same issue but much worse and someone here gave me advice and it worked.. but i can't remember what it was.. something to do with graphics maybe?

- EDIT: not .TGA ... it is 3D format, as shown below:
fght.jpg
and usually when i take screenshot it says on left side log.. screenshot captured.. but at the moment it is not saying anything and neither does the screen freeze for 0.5 seconds everytime i press F12 (or was it F13?)

View attachment 25311
and usually when i take screenshot it says on left side log.. screenshot captured.. but at the moment it is not saying anything and neither does the screen freeze for 0.5 seconds everytime i press F12 (or was it F13?)

What is says there is just the file association windows gave to it. Often if you install a program it will associate files with it, some programs tend to also take some files which they shouldn't take.
The naming does seem to fit the normal naming of the screenshots. So just try to open them with a image editor (not paint) which supports tga files.

View attachment 25311

Normally it is F8 for screen shots ( to save as .TGA files in the PotC folder ) - or Print Screen. Unless you have reassigned the keys.

:type1

"3D Object" can mean a number of file formats. I've seen it include things like FBX and VRML, but I strongly doubt your files are either of those.
Right-click one of the files and choose Properties. Next to "Type of file:", note the file extension in brackets (which should be ".tga"). Select "Change..." next to "Opens with:" to choose a different program to open the file.

I tried many times before.. and now tried again with the permanent choosing of Paint program.. unfortunately still no luck.. however I managed to get .TGA to be titled under this type of photo.. however Paint, nor Windows photo viewer can show .TGA .... this windows 10 pretty weird.. i still haven't explored the system.

TGA.jpg

I tried many times before.. and now tried again with the permanent choosing of Paint program.. unfortunately still no luck.. however I managed to get .TGA to be titled under this type of photo.. however Paint, nor Windows photo viewer can show .TGA .... this windows 10 pretty weird.. i still haven't explored the system.

View attachment 25325

Like I said don't use paint.
Use a program like paint.net

Back