• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Tutorial Player Freeze - Tales of a Sea Hawk

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Latest 4.1 version has the player character freeze after the tutorial fight with Malcolm. Error shows up as "ERROR-Quest name ReturnPlayer NOT found in ANY function" Game stops.
This occurs consistently.

No error file is generated.

try placing this in:
PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests

and see if it works.

i had the same problem in free play mod i had to skip the tutorial for it to work for me i posted this somewhere else i don't remember lol i'll try your fix Levis and tell you the results
edit: should i place that in what file for the free play cuz i think this is a different file for it No ??

Oops still made a mistake, and indeed the same problem is in freeplay.
extract this folder to your POTC main folder and it should fix it.

Attachments

• PROGRAM.zip
    35.6 KB · Views: 136
I caught two differently named copies of the relevant quest case in the code before.
This must have been a side-effect from that.
Glad to hear it's sorted now!

@salonikasurf's report about the missing quest case was a great hint in what was wrong. :woot
Thanks for taking care of the actual fixing, @Levis! I assume you covered all instances of the same typo?

I caught two differently named copies of the relevant quest case in the code before.
This must have been a side-effect from that.
Glad to hear it's sorted now!

@salonikasurf's report about the missing quest case was a great hint in what was wrong. :woot
Thanks for taking care of the actual fixing, @Levis! I assume you covered all instances of the same typo?
did a replace all in both standaard and freeplay both reactions

Had this same problem. Good to know there is a fix. It is pretty game breaking. I couldn't move, thus I couldn't leave the ship! :p

Back