• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Tweak for making officers relinquish items?

Fleebusia

Sailor Apprentice
Is there a way to disable the AI behaviour that prevents item swaps when trading with officers?

To my understanding the code serves to give preferential treatment respective of an items grade. The problem I have is, I can't swap an officers weapon with one of the same grade even though they have higher proficiency with it.

Last edited:
Blistering barnacles I've done it!

In Program\interface\items.c

else
{
SetNodeUsing("EQUIP_BUTTON" , true);
}

You can now equip officers just as you would yourself through the items interface. Who knew the solution was so simple.

To my understanding the code serves to give preferential treatment respective of an items grade. The problem I have is, I can't swap an officers weapon with one of the same grade even though they have higher proficiency with it.
That reminds me of one of the earliest mods for the 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean:
The "itemsbox" interface file was made to un-equip any weapons owned by the officer.
Then upon closing, re-equip them again.

That reminds me of one of the earliest mods for the 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean:
The "itemsbox" interface file was made to un-equip any weapons owned by the officer.
Then upon closing, re-equip them again.
I find it extremely odd that this toggle exists in the first place. I see absolutely no need for that type of restriction.

I have not yet played POTC. I think it was out of fear that I haven't tried it- Fear of it being functionally even worse than COAS given the time of release. COAS by itself and even earlier versions of GOF are in such desperate need of QOL tweaks that I dread to think what it was like 6 years prior.

Last edited:
I find it extremely odd that this toggle exists in the first place. I see absolutely no need for that type of restriction.
It might have been a developer's oversight.
I doubt it was intentional.

I have not yet played POTC. I think it was out of fear that I haven't tried it- Fear of it being functionally even worse than COAS given the time of release. COAS by itself and even earlier versions of GOF are in such desperate need of QOL tweaks that I dread to think what it was like 6 years prior.
PotC was rushed to release, but the European version worked fine enough for me.
There is also our "New Horizons" mod, which is a different ballgame altogether.
Many improvements we made there never made it into any of the later games.
Which is why there are still many players who stick to PotC over the newer ones.

It might have been a developer's oversight.
I doubt it was intentional.

PotC was rushed to release, but the European version worked fine enough for me.
There is also our "New Horizons" mod, which is a different ballgame altogether.
Many improvements we made there never made it into any of the later games.
Which is why there are still many players who stick to PotC over the newer ones.

Oh yes, New Horizons. I've read some good things. I'd be playing with that over vanilla definitely. Who knows it might end up being my favourite.

For Sea Dogs 2: COAS with Gentleman of Fortune II installed: Does anyone know what code in INTERFACE controls how many items are transfered between character and chest? The default game only allows two options, to take one item or all items. I find it unrealistic and irritating that I cant take some gold without clicking forever. If I want to take 1000 gold out of my chest I have to either click 1000 times or take all the gold I have stored. This is ridiculous. I want to change the "Take All" option to 10000 so that I wont have to take all my gold out of the chest. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Back