• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Two Quick Questions

JOVE23

Sailor
Coordinator
Hello all, I am playing GOF and I was wondering the following things:

1) Right now, I'm commanding a level 6 pinnace. I am trying to get into the crew quarters to relieve some officers I no longer need, but I have no idea how to get to the crew quarters (or if I even can). I go out of the cabin to the cargo hold and that's about it.

2) If I take over a settlement from the Spanish/Dutch etc, do I become the governor of said settlement and is there any financial reward (e.g. income) for conquering the settlement?

Thanks,

JOVE23

PS: I will keep looking for old maps for the HoO folks later on today.

on class 7-5 you only go in the cabin/cargo holds, on 4-1 you can go in the cabin, cannon deck, ward room (where the officers are) and cargo hold.

IDK on the 2nd one, i just raid towns, i dont try to take them over.

on class 7-5 you only go in the cabin/cargo holds, on 4-1 you can go in the cabin, cannon deck, ward room (where the officers are) and cargo hold.

So if you have a class 7-5 ship - the only way to dismiss officers is to make them a fighter - then on land talk to them and dismiss them that way.

:shrug

You DO have an income when conquering towns. A lot of income that you can go regularly and pick it up, to be precise. But I think you need to finish a national questline first...

2) If I take over a settlement from the Spanish/Dutch etc, do I become the governor of said settlement and is there any financial reward (e.g. income) for conquering the settlement?

You can take over settlements after you completed a national questline, for your country or for yoursef.
If you take it for yourself you can collect tax from the governor which you apointed from time to time, but you also need to actively defend the city from attack by nation you took city from.
Unfortunatly you cant build anything in the settlement you take :( or improve it in any way :(.

Also, do the books you loot stack? If I have 2 +10 books, does that enhance to +20?

Also also, I know that the tiny chest in the cabin is considered a weapons locker in POTC, is that the same with GOF?

Last edited:
Also, do the books you loot stack? If I have 2 +10 books, does that enhance to +20?

Also also, I know that the tiny chest in the cabin is considered a weapons locker in POTC, is that the same with GOF?

If the 2 +10 books are the same book then :no they don't stack - if they are different books then :yes they should.

I don't think COAS - GOF has a weapons locker in the way that POTC does. I think the chests in the Capt Cabin are just for storing things ( but I could be wrong).

:drunk

The PotC weaponslocker was a feature CouchcaptainCharles added. He never worked on CoAS, so I doubt that made it in.

Back