• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

UI scaling

liam1

Landlubber
Hi,

I've searched the forum and the internet but have so far come up blank, so if there is already a post on this please point me in the right direction and accept my apologies.

I'm using a 4k monitor and unsurprisingly the UI in PoTC is very small and hard to see because of this.
After some searching the forum I found how to change the size of the compass and the bottom left menu and health bars.
For anyone who is looking to change the compass and bottom left icons you need to edit the BattleInterface.c and LandInterface.c files then look for the sections containing:
CommandShowParam.iconWidth
navigation.navigatorWidth

But back to my question, I've no idea how I can change the remaining areas highlighted in the image below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had to do this with my Sea Dogs: To Each His Own mod.

You'll also need to make some changes to LogInterface.c

You can see how I did it if you download HookMod linked here:

Hook's Mod version 1.0 for TEHO 1.5.2

Check those three files to see how I used the BI_InterfaceScale constant which is defined in the hookmod_settings.h file.

The code won't be exactly the same, but it will be similar. At least it will give you an idea of what kinds of changes need to be made and where.

Best of luck with it.

Hook

Thanks Hook

I've managed to change most of it now.
Using LogInterface.c
IActions.ActiveActions.width
IActions.ActiveActions.height
and ActivePerksShow.c
objActivePerkShower.ShowParam.IconSize.horz
objActivePerkShower.ShowParam.IconSize.vert

For anyone else who finds this, the only parts I can't seem to alter now are the fonts, i.e. the date and time at the top of the screen and the log messages.
Unless there is a larger font already available the only way I can think to change these would be to create new larger font files, which is beyond my own skill, understanding and inclination.

Are those fonts not scaled in the code? This is what BI_InterfaceScale does is change the display size of the fonts.

Hook

Alas, I'm not sure what BI_InterfaceScale is. I've searched all PotC files for that but nothing came up.
I did try altering the size of the datetime display but it didn't seem to make a difference.
I also found "fontscale" as a function in another file so on the off chance I tried adding this to the datetime display, again no difference.

the only option that I can see to alter the size would be to change the font, as I can change it from "interface_small" and "interface_normal" and that does change the size between the two fonts.

Back