• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unable to Moor in Standard Storyline

I somehow experience a Problem with the fix of the quest_reactions.c for the first problem (mooring at gray rock).
First it worked fine and really helped, but now on a new profile Ewan Glover doesn't want to speak with me in Greenford and I can't move at all.
Berfore I Swapped the quest_relations.c it worked just fine.
Version is build 14 /10 +fix1 for both cases, so the problem probably has nothing to do with that.

Arrrgh I hate this quest^^

Edit: Just updated to fix 3 but the problem persists.
Try this quest_reaction.c then ;)
View attachment quests_reaction.c
Thanks Capt. Maggee :doff

- fix partially worked

- still unable to capture Silehard's ship, he still won't talk to me, (I'm sure you used to be able to do this and then use his ship to fight the Black Pearl at the end)

- but sinking all the ships works :dance so you can get onto the shore.:woot

Now off to explore the temple :ixi

BTW : New thread title is much better :onya
Well Im glad that you were able to moor at least...

In my game version which SHOULD be the same as yours now I am able to talk to Silehard and capture his ship (you are supposed to be able to :yes)

Try the above quest_reaction.c as well and see if I didnt add in that fix till after I uploaded the attachment before ;)

Try this quest_reaction.c then ;)
[attachment=3893:quests_reaction.c]

Well Im glad that you were able to moor at least...

In my game version which SHOULD be the same as yours now I am able to talk to Silehard and capture his ship (you are supposed to be able to :yes)

Try the above quest_reaction.c as well and see if I didnt add in that fix till after I uploaded the attachment before ;)

Tried that - Silehard still won't talk to me in captains cabin when I capture his ship.

Perhaps I did not go back far enough - I went back to a save when setting sail for Cozumel. :shrug

I've set the quest case so that when you enter the same location as Silehard it changes his type so that he will talk to you :shrug

I dont know why it works for me and doesnt work for you :modding

Try executing these 2 lines of code through console when in the cabin with him ;)

Code:
LAi_SetWarriorType(CharacterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"));
LAi_warrior_DialogEnable(CharacterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"), true)

I've set the quest case so that when you enter the same location as Silehard it changes his type so that he will talk to you :shrug

I dont know why it works for me and doesnt work for you :modding

Try executing these 2 lines of code through console when in the cabin with him ;)

Code:
LAi_SetWarriorType(CharacterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"));
LAi_warrior_DialogEnable(CharacterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"), true)

Thanks Maggee that worked :doff

Ok so now we know that I wasnt loosing my mind :woot

So it requires a new game (or a save that is a fair way back) for it to work then (without executing through the console) ;)

I too am having issues with the main storyline at Grey Rock Bay.

Build 14 Alpha 10 + fix + all fixes posted in this thread.

I may have inadvertently broke it myself by exploiting another bug I found.

As I've found no mention of it yet, I'll tell you all about it:

When it came time to blow up the Oiseau, I decided I looked the look of her when compared to my lugger and hatched a devious plot to purloin her for my own.

I ordered Cap'n Boon to lower his sails and came up along side her so as to begin a cargo transfer.

Instead I swapped ships with the very surprised Cap and then replaced him on my lugger with a boy of my own choosing.

Cap'n Boon is now forever stuck in my pool of officers, adding his considerable experience to the general mix.

I suppose this obvious circumvention of appropriate gameplay could have contributed to the breaking of the quest later on in the game, but I can't seem to bring myself to not pinch such a pretty little boat as she...or her...or full stop.

Back