• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unable to Moor in Standard Storyline

Now i ran in to such trouble. I catch Greenford (i have old names) and after a chat with Danielle at the tavern, a crew member tells me taht an English fleet i coming. I go to my ship, and after loading the game crashes :( why? :( I also have often such a problem with officers of surrendered ships btw. When i offer to become my officr, being on his ship, the game crashes

Now i ran in to such trouble. I catch Greenford (i have old names) and after a chat with Danielle at the tavern, a crew member tells me taht an English fleet i coming. I go to my ship, and after loading the game crashes :( why? :( I also have often such a problem with officers of surrendered ships btw. When i offer to become my officr, being on his ship, the game crashes
What game version are you running? :?
:cheers

Thanks Capt. Maggee - Lighthouse Bay fix works excellently -

:doff
Thats good to hear Talisman :cheeky

Well, i took a few saves back and tried again, got to the battle finally, dont know the reason why it was.

Here is a new bug, cant moor on Khael Roa (final mission) after sinking english ships, get stuck on the island again :( on Alpha 10 :(
And one time when i tried to board the Governor's ship, when i got to him, couldn't talk to him, just no actions available :( just get stuck with him in the cabin, and cant even kill him :)

Well, i took a few saves back and tried again, got to the battle finally, dont know the reason why it was.

Here is a new bug, cant moor on Khael Roa (final mission) after sinking english ships, get stuck on the island again :( on Alpha 10 :(
And one time when i tried to board the Governor's ship, when i got to him, couldn't talk to him, just no actions available :( just get stuck with him in the cabin, and cant even kill him :)

Playing Alpha 10 with latest fix:

I have found both of these problems as well - First time at Cozumel captured Silehards ship - in the capt cabin Silehard just stood there - no surrender dialogue or anything - therefore stuck. :eek:k

2nd time -Sunk all the ships incl silehards - got icon for khael Roah shore - used that to get into lagoon but no icons for mooring or shore appeared so I could not get onto the island. ( no world map icon appeared as well after all the ships were sunk). :?

1 of 2, it doesnt help, or i placed in to the wrong place

\PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests

and also strange, when i come to the island and meet english and pirate ships, they are shown like neutral :shrug Marked grey on the radar. And stay so until i sink one of the ships.

1 of 2 i menan - one of two problems =) the file doesnt help, or i placed the file wrong.
You proved, that i placed it correctly :( still isn't working

i updated a little the last post also

Before this enemy ships where really enemy ) now they are neutral untill i sink one of the ships, dont know why. (there at Khael Roa)

Both talking to the governor and mooring are not fixed :(
______

Ok the thing with neutral ships - is because of the flag i had... but anyway strange why did they become enemies only after sinking a ship, not after the first attack

Well, i tried sinking all ships, and then i moored finally :sail

To everyone else: Do not board any ship there :) just sink them =)

Captain Maggee thank you! :cheers

Oh I didnt realise you didnt sink the ships xD:

I could have told you the problem straight away if you had mentioned that ;)

Nah I meant with the mooring issue... I dont know why the other issue isnt resolved for your game... He talks to me in my game

But yes you do have to kill all enemies to be able to moor :yes

I somehow experience a Problem with the fix of the quest_reactions.c for the first problem (mooring at gray rock).
First it worked fine and really helped, but now on a new profile Ewan Glover doesn't want to speak with me in Greenford and I can't move at all.
Berfore I Swapped the quest_relations.c it worked just fine.
Version is build 14 /10 +fix1 for both cases, so the problem probably has nothing to do with that.

Arrrgh I hate this quest^^

Edit: Just updated to fix 3 but the problem persists.

I dont know why all of these bugs suddenly are happening :modding

However I think I may have fixed both of them :dance (hasnt been tested yet though)

Let me know ;)

Oh and I have change the topic name as well ;)

Thanks Capt. Maggee :doff

- fix partially worked

- still unable to capture Silehard's ship, he still won't talk to me, (I'm sure you used to be able to do this and then use his ship to fight the Black Pearl at the end)

- but sinking all the ships works :dance so you can get onto the shore.:woot

Now off to explore the temple :ixi

BTW : New thread title is much better :onya

Back