• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unable to recruit new officers

eXdreamer

Landlubber
Hello!

I am running the English version of Age of Pirates: City of Abandoned Ships 1.3.0 as Peter Blood. I am unable to recruit any new officers, because a recruiting option is not offered to me when I talk to them. I only get the options "How will you be, in action?" and "I've got a full crew. I'm all happy here.". The only time I was able to recruit a new officer was when some guy offered to sail his ship under my command.

Hello!

I am running the English version of Age of Pirates: City of Abandoned Ships 1.3.0 as Peter Blood. I am unable to recruit any new officers, because a recruiting option is not offered to me when I talk to them. I only get the options "How will you be, in action?" and "I've got a full crew. I'm all happy here.". The only time I was able to recruit a new officer was when some guy offered to sail his ship under my command.
Check your authority. If it's too low you can't hire new officers. Maybe you still have the Spanish ship that you stolen at the end of Peter Blood quest. That ship is too high rank for a beginner hero. Better that you but the ship to a port control and buy a lower ship (eg a sloop or a tartane).

I am now in a Sloop. I left the starting Frigate and a Warship with the port controller on Martinique, and I am still unable to get enough officers to appoint a third fighter, a doctor, and a carpenter. Any ideas?

I am now in a Sloop. I left the starting Frigate and a Warship with the port controller on Martinique, and I am still unable to get enough officers to appoint a third fighter, a doctor, and a carpenter. Any ideas?
Check your stats. Maybe you take some object that decreased your authority.

Nope, I only have an object that increases my authority. How do I add points to my stats after levelling up? I see nothing similar to the Pirates of the Caribbean system.

Back