• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Unique Ship/Captain Encounters

Yeah, yeah... I’m still looking at generic encounters rather than rumours. :rolleyes:

But hey, look what I did now...
Code:
void DoDailyUpdates(string mask)
{
   float fMoon = MakeFloat(getMoonIntensity()/5)
   ref rShip= GetShipByID("Black_Pearl")
   string sPeriod = GetCurrentPeriod()
   rShip.period.(sPeriod) = fMoon
So that means the Black Pearl has increased chances of being encountered during a full moon! :cool

@Grey Roger - Nothing has changed with the officers, the existing code and disciplines should be exactly the same as before, it’s just that a variable has been set pretty much wherever GetOfficerIndex is being used. That global define can be increased by all means so you could quite possibly go to the tavern and hire more officers than you would normally be able to, but no guarantees that everything will work properly! Just bear in mind that in some places there might have been an “if (number_of_officers == 3)” but it could now be “OFFICER_MAX-1”.
That is what I thought. So, at the end of Ardent's "quests_reaction.c", function Get_Speaker() will now be defined thus:
Code:
string Get_Speaker()
{
   ref PChar = GetMainCharacter();
   string speaker = "";
   int n;
   for (n=1; n<OFFICER_MAX; n++)
   {
     if(GetOfficersIndex(PChar, n) != -1)
     {
       speaker = characters[GetOfficersIndex(Pchar, n)].id;
       break;
     }
   }
   return speaker;
}

okay call me lazy but I dont want to read the whole thread.
Whats the status for this now?

From what I understood there is now a chance to encounter specific ships/captains on sea?
And i saw something about a quest which is being triggered when this happens? Would it maybe be nicer if you put it in the tavern news when there is a chance of encountering a special captain. You could then go to the right island (you probably need to hurry :p) and hunt for the pirate. You could also incorperate it with the govenor, he could give you some points for the relation and a little bounty. Or something like that.

Whats the status for this now?
@Mere_Mortal isn't around anymore and this feature was never added to the main mod.

So:
From what I understood there is now a chance to encounter specific ships/captains on sea?
No, there isn't.

Would it maybe be nicer if you put it in the tavern news when there is a chance of encountering a special captain. You could then go to the right island (you probably need to hurry :p) and hunt for the pirate.
That was indeed my suggestion. But the way @Mere_Mortal coded it, it did not work that way.

Back