• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unofficial Patches?...

bobboberts

Landlubber
Gamersgate is going to start selling COAS on November 26,2009 and I'm planning on buying it. From reading the many forum posts it seems COAS is full of bugs? Is there an Unoffical Patch I should install first when I purchase the game?

Also should I install the Jscombined Mod right away? Is this also some kind of patch?
thanks.

No there isnt a Unoffical patch yet...

I have said that someone should just release a bug fix patch (no new features) maybe Jonathan can remember all the bugs he has fixed and release it as a Unoffical patch

Ahoy landlubber, welcome aboard mate! Thanks for the info about Gamersgate! I was not aware they were planning on offering it. I just checked their web page though, and according to the info there, it will be released on December 26'th, looks like ya may have to wait another month.

Jonathan has done a fantastic job with his mod, I would definitely advise installing it as soon as you get the game!

2 days ago when you clicked on 'BUY' it said 'Nov 26', now it says 'Dec 26'? For some unknown reason it got pushed back a month? Why? As if Akella hasn't it released it yet?

2 days ago when you clicked on 'BUY' it said 'Nov 26', now it says 'Dec 26'? For some unknown reason it got pushed back a month? Why? As if Akella hasn't it released it yet?

I visited a games shop on Friday who said there sheets are saying to be announced in 2010, not sure why its taking so long to release a game thats already released in other countries. :shrug

My local EBgames told me it never came here to Canada. But I just found out BestBuy has already been selling it. So I'll go and check it out.

Have you guys seen Sea Dogs 5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Sd3fbys5Y

Apparently from the link to piratesahoy everybody already has.
The seaward website and some other russian website had screenshots. Its using the same engine as Fallout 3. That sounds pretty impressive. The're referring to it as Sea Dogs 4, but is actually Sea Dogs 5, but the real name is "Caribbean Legends", confusing isn't it?

I'm a fan from Sea Dogs 1. I bought Sea Dogs 2, but finished it in about 3 hours. It was a short game. I bought Sea Dogs 3 and took it back because the game design and bugs were horrendous! But from what I've read Sea Dogs 4 (COAS) is a bit better.

So the jscombined mod is 6 megs, so what is the combinedmod=200megs then?
http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/

Is this the js plus combined? and what is the communitymod?

Thanks.

Back