• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Unofficial Pirates Ahoy 20th anniversary Modding Contest!

begginfokillz

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
salutations good pirates of pirates ahoy! if you may or may not recall, i had previously hosted a modding contest to celebrate pirates ahoy becoming legal age of consent (Aka, 18 years of chasing booty). so, as of this year, if i understand dates right, pirates ahoy, being founded in 2003, is 20 years young. with that in mind, i have come up with another unofficial mod contest, and hope it works out better than last time, and learning from past issues and merits.

So, with that intro out of the way, here is the contest, conditions, rules, prize pool, and criteria to enter, plus a shameless plug to a mod project im pre planning:

As a modding contest celebrating 20 years of pirates ahoy, the terms of entry are simple: Any mod hosted on pirates ahoy, having been posted here within last 20 years to date, is eligible to enter. That means, as of the date and time of posting this announcement, any released mod hosted here qualifies, and entering it will qualify the creator of it to win a prize of up to 50 usd!

The contest will last 3 months after i first post this (from 5/1/2023 to 8/1/2023), and will end at 12:01 am that day of it ending, and will be judged by me and possibly some others who volunteer to judge for at least a week. During the time to enter, you can only have one entry submitted, even if you have multiple projects active or done. One entry per person/team. After entries are done and dusted, and entry time is over, i will be testing and trying them, during this time, any entries that are posted here, with a link to the mod, will be judged based on criteria outlined below. Any mods submitted must follow these rules, and state who made it, or if it was a team effort or made by one person

1: mods submitted must already be/have been hosted on pirates ahoy, as a full or near full release, at the time of submission, at any point in the last 20 years of pirates ahoy being in existence. late beta stages are permitted if they are loved by many. no alpha/pre alpha stages are able to qualify
2: any mods submitted must be submitted as either english or another language, but with an explanation of what it does in English. My native language is english, so if i go in blind, please be aware i might not look favorably upon it, but i am more than willing to try it out regardless
3: at time of first posting this thing, the first official judge is myself. i am open for 2 others to join, solely since i might need help, which would make a total of 3 people judging
4: there are first, second, and community choice prizes. no third place. Community choice is, of course, what everyone on pirates ahoy loves the most, and can be suggested by anyone on which entry is the community choice. If community choice is also first or second place, a both the prize of community choice and the first or second place will be issued to the winner!
5: any judges may enter, solely to qualify for the community choice prize, and will not qualify for either first place or second place. If somehow a judge gets community choice for their mod, they get the prize for community choice.
6: Only mods hosted on pirates ahoy qualify. if hosted on multiple sites, the primary entry will be judged based on the build hosted on pirates ahoy first. if a mod is hosted elsewhere, sorry for your loss.

the prizes are to be as follows:
First place gets a prize of up to 50 usd, as a steam gift card, or if unable to be given due to regions stuff, or other such economic dumbfuckery, the prize will be attempted in an alternate means. in the rare issue of no prize being able to be issued, i will owe the winner until such a time as another attempt can be viable. there will only be 3 attempts.
Second place gets a prize of up to 25 usd, as a steam gift card, or if unable to be given due to regions stuff, or other such economic dumbfuckery, the prize will be attempted in an alternate means. in the rare issue of no prize being able to be issued, i will owe the winner until such a time as another attempt can be viable. there will only be 3 attempts.
Community choice gets a prize of up to 10 usd, as a steam gift card, or if unable to be given due to regions stuff, or other such economic dumbfuckery, the prize will be attempted in an alternate means. in the rare issue of no prize being able to be issued, i will owe the winner until such a time as another attempt can be viable. there will only be 3 attempts.

In the case of a team winning, only the team leader will get a prize. Dispensing it among the team will be his issue after i give him it.

the prizes are paid out by me, myself, and I, and will not be taken up by anyone else, out of principle. no matter what occurs, i am paying it out.

finally, the shameful plug is the discord link to a upcoming/pre planning project im trying to start called project admiral, which will try and remove timers/level caps for sea dogs teho questlines and ect. Link to the newly made project discord is as follows:

let the fun commence!

(i hope this contest will be permitted. if not, ignore this post)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know whether you accidentally added the "Notice" tag or if someone else was trying to be helpful, but since you don't want it, I've removed it. It should be easy enough to put back if needed.

many thanks. if you want to put it back, its fine by me. i just freaked out since i assumed it was only staff who could add it.

Back