• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Unused ship? FEARLESS

Foop my Car

Freebooter
After playing PotC (twice), I have realised that only one ship found in the RESOURCES folder is not used, or rather I have never seen it in the game, the Fearless. Does it appear in the game? A quest?
GM_Viewer 26_12_2020 9_07_43 PM.png

I think that it indeed is not used on Stock PotC at least.
Not sure about New Horizons though.

Yep, this is the other unused ships I remember from PotC.

These do appear in New Horizons.
You can also paint the original Man o' War to look like that.

Now as to why they aren't used?
I don't know. :shrug

The models were there and using them wouldn't go against the PotC name.
If anything there other differences that sett them apart, and encountering Man o' Wars outside the story would have been nice.

Yep, this is the other unused ships I remember from PotC.

These do appear in New Horizons.
You can also paint the original Man o' War to look like that.

Now as to why they aren't used?
I don't know. :shrug

The models were there and using them wouldn't go against the PotC name.
If anything there other differences that sett them apart, and encountering Man o' Wars outside the story would have been nice.
Found an old script that was meant to used before Disney came in. Apparently, Nathaniel Hawk was supposed to be called Blaze Devlin, and "Blaze" was later used in the 3rd installment "Caribbean Tales".

By the way I have completed PotC for the 2nd time, did it right this time. Is there a mod that allows you to capture the Pearl? I've seen it on YouTube but all the guy said was "I changed the script'' and nothing more...much to my annoyance:rolleyes:.

Found an old script that was meant to used before Disney came in. Apparently, Nathaniel Hawk was supposed to be called Blaze Devlin, and "Blaze" was later used in the 3rd installment "Caribbean Tales".
Yep, in the code he is referred as Blaze. :yes

You see him being named Blaze in game in this old trailer:

Screenshot_2020-12-28-08-35-41-879_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

By the way I have completed PotC for the 2nd time, did it right this time. Is there a mod that allows you to capture the Pearl? I've seen it on YouTube but all the guy said was "I changed the script'' and nothing more...much to my annoyance:rolleyes:.
Well you can in New Horizons. ;)

As to what script he changed?
I don't know, but I think that I may be able to find it.

Paste the program folder into your game installation and start a new game.

Just make sure you repair the ship, otherwise you will sink.

Attachments

• Black Pearl.7z
    2.7 KB · Views: 147
Well it gives you the ship at the start of the game. ;)
So you won't have to wait to get it at least.

I will try to enable boarding her later.
So if you have a save near the ending, keep it just in case.

Well it gives you the ship at the start of the game. ;)
So you won't have to wait to get it at least.

I will try to enable boarding her later.
So if you have a save near the ending, keep it just in case.
Good thing, kept the save. Did you notice that Nathaniel Hawk is heavily designed after Will Turner? And it seems that's not the only Pirates of the Caribbean reference in the OLD script.

Mefisto was based on the Black Pearl, ironically then made the Black Pearl after Disney paid them.
A boarding crew was designed after Barbossa, even before Disney paid them

Nathaniel Hawk is heavily designed after Will Turner? And it seems that's not the only Pirates of the Caribbean reference in the OLD script.

Mefisto was based on the Black Pearl, ironically then made the Black Pearl after Disney paid them.
A boarding crew was designed after Barbossa, even before Disney paid them
Well the thing is that the game stared development before the PotC movies ever released.
And since Nathaniel looked like this even when he was called Blaze and the game was Sea Dogs II, I guess that this was a coincidence.
Same deal with the Mefisto I guess.

The resemblances are definitely there though. :yes

Can't wait for a mod where we can capture the pearl, been ooking through codes, guessing it's in the MODULES folder where all the "cases" are

Can't wait for a mod where we can capture the pearl
Like New Horizons, you mean? :razz

I think that it indeed is not used on Stock PotC at least.
Not sure about New Horizons though.
Not under the name "Fearless" anymore.
But the "Warship" models use that same hull.
Looks like the original game paint scheme went unused though; mainly because it didn't fit with much of anything.

Did you notice that Nathaniel Hawk is heavily designed after Will Turner?
There is another stock game character model that looks far more like Will Turner than Nathaniel Hawk does.

been ooking through codes, guessing it's in the MODULES folder where all the "cases" are
Nothing you're looking for will be in the MODULES folder.
Try PROGRAM instead.
Also: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks

Look for the function "Character_SetAbordageEnable".

@Pieter Boelen Thanks! Feels good to immerse myself into the PotC side of PiratesAhoy! I'll check out the tutorial, about time I learn how to mod rather than just helping out new players, a small duty I have committed myself too but I just like helping.

Late reply here (hehe), but I took a good 4 year break from the game (I did not want to, but whatever...):

You can even add manowars to the battle without downloading anything. In the ships_init file, under the manowars, there is a command something like (don't quote me on that) ref.ship.CanEncounter = false, change the false to true, and you can encoutner them. And if you want them to be able to buy, search the shipsellers' name in the program/characters folder, and if you open the file, you can see what type of ships they sell. You just copy the last line, add 1 to the biggest number (if the last is 10, change it to 11), and change the ship type from SHIP_XXX_ENGLAND (or any other corresponding nation) to SHIP_MANOWAR_ENGLAND. You don't have to worry about the ship portraits, it is in the game, unlike the fearless.

If you want them appear in battles, and be able to buy them, it is similar, but with more steps. If you want to, I'll check when I got home. And the exact code lines with the manowars too.

And if you want them to be able to buy, search the shipsellers' name in the program/characters folder, and if you open the file, you can see what type of ships they sell. You just copy the last line, add 1 to the biggest number (if the last is 10, change it to 11), and change the ship type from SHIP_XXX_ENGLAND (or any other corresponding nation) to SHIP_MANOWAR_ENGLAND. You don't have to worry about the ship portraits, it is in the game, unlike the fearless.
Was it like that even in stock PotC?
Holy crap, am I glad that was all rewritten for NH!
Much easier now that everything is handled through ships_init.c itself. :shock

Yepp, all the 10 (5 nations, 2 variants each) of them in the game files. And can be put into the gameplay by a simple change from a false to a true! I don't know why they did not enabled a whole type of ships in the game....

It was one of the first things to me to do when I installed the game (plus, now the french sqadron at oxbay, and the british fleet at the fight for greenford is more challenging ).

Back