• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Using Dropbox for files

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
I just started using dropbox for work.

Basically it lets me syn all the files I want across different places (ie. in Australia on one computer and on 2 others in the office in Malaysia). The other thing is I let my 3d guys use their own and we share a folder for all of work's drawings and models.

I was thinking that this may be a great way to collaborate on files in teh future.. Basically you have the main PA! account which would be admin'd say by me pieter and a few others and that would hold the main files for download and for WIP.

The main files would be kept in the public folder which you can create a URL from and the other folders can be shared among everyone else. On top of that each person can have their own private folders as well.

The downside (if you call it that) is that you will have a mirror of the shared files on your computer aswell, in this day and age shouldn't be a problem though. The other issue would be that because it is syncd you will be using bandwidth every time a person updates a folder (I don't know if this is a setting that can be changed) for those of us that are on all you can eat that won't be a problem either.

Everyone's thoughts on this?

I've got the space for that and quite like the sound of it, but I have a 125GB/month soft cap that will probably be being enforced at some time in the near future. I could do it up until that happens, though. :yes

Back