• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Viva El Presidente! Tropico 5 Released for PC Today!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Watch a brand new trailer celebrating the return of everyone’s favourite dictator!

Bracknell, UK – 23rd May 2014 – Return to the island of Tropico where gorgeous sunny beaches and political corruption co-exist in perfect harmony. Tropico 5 is out for PC today via boxed retail, Steam and the Kalypso Launcher – so don your most magnificent beard, as El Presidente is back and he’s ready to let you do all the hard work for him! Take control of the island paradise of Tropico during the colonial period and guide your city through the eras as it grows into a thriving metropolis. Create a social utopia where every citizen is heard and accounted for – or forge your own tyrannical grip over the nation and turn it into a gold mine for your Swiss bank account. The island of Tropico belongs to you, so let your whim take you wherever you like and make El Presidente proud! To celebrate the glorious return of our beloved ruler, Kalypso Media has also released a brand new trailer to mark the occasion. View it below for a look at how to start ruling like a true dictator.

Kalypso Media also announced that the game has set new internal pre-sale records for the entire company. Not only has the title topped the Amazon pre-sale charts for many weeks in several countries, but Kalypso can also reveal that the Digital distribution pre-orders on Steam have exceeded expectations. Tropico 5 has achieved four times the number of orders secured over its predecessor Tropico 4, which was released in 2011.

“We have put great passion and almost all available resources into the development and marketing of Tropico 5 and the pre-sales success once again demonstrates the talent and ability of our great teams in Germany, the UK and the USA. We are constantly working to expand our franchises internationally and these figures for Tropico 5 are testament to this” commented Simon Hellwig, Global Managing Director of Kalypso Media .

Tropico 5 is out now on PC via Steam and retail (US retail 3rd June). Xbox 360® and Mac will be available this summer – with a version for the PlayStation®4 platform following in autumn. For more information on Tropico 5 don’t forget to visit the official Tropico 5 website at .

View the brand new trailer for Tropico 5 here
Or download it here

Attachments

• T5_UK_PC_2D.jpg
    T5_UK_PC_2D.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 15
In my oppinion, this game is mediocre at best:
- many important buildings from Tropico 4 are missing (all the tourist entertainment buildings, solar power plant, wind power plant, firewatch, parliament, ministries, elementary school, prison(!), prison camp etc.)
- game is even more simplified (building "modes" are gone, you can't set specific wages/rents anymore)
- higher game speed (MP is nearly impossible due to constant pop-ups)
- the game is filled with bugs (lags, crashes, hundreds of homeless people although there are enough empty and affordable buildings left)
- the research feature is quite shallow (besides, since when do libraries perform research?)
- the new military system is horrible due to the bad pathfinding and AI decisions
- big rebel stacks spawn even if your happiness rating is above 80
- the music is not as good as the one in Tropico 4
- all the people and their humorous comments are missing (Sonny, General Rodriguez, El Diablo, Padre Esteban etc.)
- the dynasty is another hollow feature. Your presidente can only have 1 set skill and the appearance customization options suck (who wants a presidente with a space suit or hobo clothes?)
- a modder has already discovered a list with 10 DLCs!
- the new eras is a nice idea, but not very well implemented. They should have added the 19th century. Besides, the World Wars should have been split into WW1 and WW2.
- the game is plagued by a lack of important data. Tropico 4s almanac was way more informative.

Bismarck, thanks for the review mate!

That is unfortunate, but not surprising given the way things are going in the gamin industry today. I am sure most of what is missing will be offered as DLC's to try and squeeze every penny they can out of the title, really sad. I was really considering picking this game up on Steam once I got the latest version of my Linux distro installed. Sounds like I would be better off just to pick up an old copy of Tropico 4.

Back