• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Voices, screams, shouts, Aaarrrrsss!

Hi, im new in this forum and I saw that while you fighting or just travlleing in the sea there arent voices or screams or shouts of the ship crew, i think that there should be a mod dedicated to this because the crew is in silence and that really quits a lot of immersion from the game and it makes really unrealistic, i think that it would be amazing a voices and random shouts when you are travelling or fighting, example: Enemy ship! Or, Camon, camon move your ass! Or, Ready, fire! Or, random shouts and screams, or move move move! Or bastards, die! XD, i dont know, many voices and shouts and screams, also the insults and and other shouts should be battle mode sounds and when you are not in battle there should be calm sounds and random talking and other voices, and sorry for my english :p

I think the battle sounds in GoF are as realistic as it gets. When you're traveling, not hearing anybody speaking is not as absurd as you would think. It was a common practice to forbid the watch on deck from speaking so that orders could be passed without miscommunication. In many navies, in fact, that silence was required. The Royal Navy, for example, banned the use of sea shanties, and even lower ranking officers were instructed to be silent.

Back