• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Walk softy a carry a big stick

marrbodude

Sailor Apprentice
I;ll teach you to mess with me!

longgun.jpg

I finely got it to work right. This call for a :cheers

Yeah, those two are have musket animations. There is a character in CMv3 that I wanted to exclusively carry the musket but I just never enabled him because I felt it was buggy at the time, but if you can make any progress go for it :onya

What I felt specifically was a problem was if there was a quest that requires you to lose all your weapons, how do you get the musket back? It's not sold in stores afaik, and the other problem is you can't carry anything else but the musket so you are very limited to what you can do.

It just requires a lot of trial and error. I say keep experimenting!

I have killed people with muskets and tken there muskets, obviously i couldn't use them but perhaps that can work to get the musket back or maybe adding the musket as a purchasable iteam in the store. :shrug

Ooooh this is exciting! Way to go yellowdog! :bow :b:
Is the melee function available for the musket as well? As the time comes when the musket is ready to be released upon us (i can barely wait!!) I only have a couple of questions. What attributes will govern the use of the musket? Will it just be accuracy and pistols, or will the heavy weapon attibute be a factor as well.

As for aquiring the awsome power of the boom stick, the way things stand now, one can loot the musket off other characters from time to time(i hold onto one just incase some figured out how to equip them ;) and can be sold for 9990 i think). There are 2 directions in the future that can be taken as far as I can see. 1) Musketts can only be looted off npc's and used as they are a military weapon and not available to the regular public. 2) You can waltz into any store and buy one for a hefty amount of dough.

Reloading time is something else that perhaps could be considered
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flintlock
Because of the time needed to reload (even experts needed 15 seconds to reload a smooth-bore, muzzle-loading musket[3]), flintlocks were sometimes produced with two, three, four or more barrels for multiple shots.
While this describes the loading time of a flintlock (aka our pistols) I could imagine that the musket loading time would be only slightly longer as the musket is a more combursome weapon,
and that would be only for experts of the attributes used by said weapon.

Nice work yellowdog, and I will be holding on the edge of my seat in anticipation for this to be released :D

Melee does work with a musket, though it only does one to three points of damage at most.

Pistols are flintlocks, the blunderbus rifle is a flintlock and the muskets soldiers carry in towns are matchlocks.

In regards to having them in stores, I think it's possible if we lower the rarity of them so they are easier to find, I'm not sure.

Furthermore, the starting character has to have the musket animations from the onset I believe. So for example with the Dutch guy, we would have to have two versions of him in the hero selection menu, the standard version and the musket only version.

Currently, only he, Redleg and I think Peter Blood have the musket animations. There is also the other character that's hidden away in the CMv3 files who would of had the musket had I included him.

Is it possible to switch character models if you go to musket-use?
That way you wouldn't need to have two starting characters...

Melee does work with a musket, though it only does one to three points of damage at most.

Pistols are flintlocks, the blunderbus rifle is a flintlock and the muskets soldiers carry in towns are matchlocks.

In regards to having them in stores, I think it's possible if we lower the rarity of them so they are easier to find, I'm not sure.

Furthermore, the starting character has to have the musket animations from the onset I believe. So for example with the Dutch guy, we would have to have two versions of him in the hero selection menu, the standard version and the musket only version.

Currently, only he, Redleg and I think Peter Blood have the musket animations. There is also the other character that's hidden away in the CMv3 files who would of had the musket had I included him.

@ officerpuppy

Did you mean this guy?? :shrug

longgundd.jpg

A hero for the underclass. I think i call him a young Black Bread :wp

No, I think that guy is the Blood model for when you work at the plantation or it could be one of the unused models lingering around. The guy I'm talking about is called Dragoon_2 through 5. The story I had thought up for him was he was sent from England to hunt down Peter Blood and bring him back to justice in Barbados.

Back