• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Walking Animation

Jacob

Sailor
Storm Modder
Hello Again!

I want to ask a question, is it possible to change any characters walking animation?

I'm asking because i have a Idea for BeatriceB (If you know what I mean)

EDIT:

Alright I replaced from woman_sit to Blaze in PROGRAM/Models/initmodels.c
But there is a issue

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu (551).png
    Zrzut ekranu (551).png
    304.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Does she currently follow any npc movement? What's the issue?

The Problem in here is like this.

When you Enter PROGRAM/Models/initmodels.c and search for BeatriceB there a line called model.ani . woman_sit is saved in there by default . I had an Idea to change the walking and fighting animation with Blaze Devlin. What you see on a Picture is a Result of changing her walking animation To Blaze.

And I was Wandering is it possible to make it happened that she will walk like Blaze Devlin.

EDIT

Since I was Interested in Axes, i wanted to make one myself so i was using topor.wrl and tx.tga but the main problem is that i don't see the handler. Is this Correct or is there another part to it?

Last edited:
And I was Wandering is it possible to make it happened that she will walk like Blaze Devlin.
What happens if you change her animation to the one used by Blaze? If she can't sit alright any longer maybe it's possible to
combine animations for both in one (new) file.

i was using topor.wrl
It should be a .gm file for the game. I have topor1.gm and topor2.gm in the ammo folder and can't see any of them
in the GM-viewer but they can be working in the game.

What happens if you change her animation to the one used by Blaze? If she can't sit alright any longer maybe it's possible to
combine animations for both in one (new) file.

Code:
// no model assignment quest character -->
    model.description    =  "A mysterious female pirate, has same body but is that really Beatrice?";
    model.id        =  "BeatriceB";
    model.FaceId        =  323;
    model.nation        =  PIRATE;
    model.price        =  3000;
    model.assigned        =  true;
    model.height        =  1.85;
    model.sex        =  "woman";
//    model.ani            =  "Blaze";
    model.ani        =  "Blaze";
    model.name = "Mezyra";
    model.lastname = "Temptress Bervion";
    model.playertype = PLAYER_TYPE_SWORD_MASTER;
    model.difficulty = DIFFICULTY_SEADOG;
    model.Flags.Pirate = 11;
    model.Flags.Personal = 4;
    model.ship = "PO_CaravelR";
    model.shipname = "Quicksilver";
    model.date.hour = 10;
    model.date.min = 24;
    model.date.sec = 42;
    model.date.day = 25;
    model.date.month = 9;
    model.date.year = 1550;
    AddCharacterModel(model);
    // <-- no model assignment quest character

That's the code i have in my Initmodels.c

Results are in attached files

As for topor or axe. Tga all they have is Just a head of the axe.
I looked more into HEX-editor in axe. Gm

And it says it uses Topor.tga and "EgVammo.tga" and the last one is Just pixelised picture in 16x16 resolution.

Do you have any ideas?

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu (554).png
    Zrzut ekranu (554).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 173
  • Zrzut ekranu (555).png
    Zrzut ekranu (555).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
As for this Axe1 (topor.tx.tga) on the picture it also uses as a material "file1SG". Sir @JackRackham do you any idea where this come from?

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu (561).png
    Zrzut ekranu (561).png
    313.3 KB · Views: 172
Yes I see that in HEX editor but only 2 texture files are used. (EnvAmmo.tga and topor.tga) Don't know what file1SG is.

When you Enter PROGRAM/Models/initmodels.c and search for BeatriceB there a line called model.ani . woman_sit is saved in there by default . I had an Idea to change the walking and fighting animation with Blaze Devlin. What you see on a Picture is a Result of changing her walking animation To Blaze.
That is what happens when a character model uses the wrong animation. ;)

Animations consist of two files. There's a .an file which is a binary and which tells the system how to move polygons around. And there's a .ani file which is plain text and defines actions as start and finish times within the .an file. Telling "BeatriceB" to use "Blaze" means she tries to use "blaze.an", which is for a completely different model, so the system moves the wrong polygons to the wrong places, and the result is what you see. Basically, "BeatriceB" can not use the animation for "Blaze".

The reason you only see the head of the axe is that "topor.tga.tx" contains an alpha mask. For most model types, where this is black, the texture is invisible in the game - this, for example, is how windows are transparent, and why pennants on ships are tapered with forked tails. But most weapons use the alpha mask differently. Where it is white, the weapon shows bright shiny metal; where the alpha mask is black, it shows the actual texture. So in "topor.tga.tx", the blade has a white mask to show shiny metal, and the handle has a black mask to show the wooden texture. TX Convertor does not know which textures are for weapons, which are for ships, which are for flags etc. So the blade, with its white alpha mask, shows up; the handle, with its black alpha mask, does not.

If you've used TX Convertor to convert "topor.tga.tx" into "topor.tga", you can open "topor.tga" with Photoshop, GIMP or some other picture-editing program that handles .tga files and alphs masks, then you can see this.

In a nutshell, try sticking to the original. You can ask a few of the more experienced Horizons modders to help with this endeavor:)

Back