• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

War and Peace

JohnHamm

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Where do you edit the Countries starting Diplomatic situation I.E. who they are at war and peace with?

I play as Ian Stance Merchant and every time I start a new game I am fighting everyone except the french very tired of this...

Where do you edit the Countries starting Diplomatic situation I.E. who they are at war and peace with?

I play as Ian Stance Merchant and every time I start a new game I am fighting everyone except the french very tired of this...

I have noticed its random as to who's at war with one another, i have had a game where England is allied with Holland and Spain and French are at war witn both of them, but in every game i have started there has alway's been 2 enemies of my starting nation no matter which nation i choose to start as. It would be nice when more nations are added, not sure why they removed the Portugal nation from the game because didn't POTC have Spain, England, Holland, Portugal, France and Pirates?

PotC did also have Portugal. However, Portugal wasn't REALLY in the Caribbean at all.
So I can imagine why they'd remove it. And gameplay doesn't come from the number of nations anyway.
In the PotC Build Mod, we also added the United States of America.
I imagine new nations could be added to CoAS too.

Im pretty sure it would be possible to set the relations ;)

Yes PotC does include Portugal but dont ask us why it has been removed (we didnt make CoAS) :no

Personally I would have thought they still would have had Portugal though (guess Im wrong though) :shrug

EDIT: Thanks Pieter ;)

I have always hoped that one day the maps would expand beyond the Carribean. Even if just encompassing the whole gulf (the inlets and estuary of Lake Charles Louisiana were notorious Pirate hideouts), the Carolinas, and down the South American continent as far as Argentina would be uber cool. It was only after the Portuguese copied the Dutch model of the VOC and WIC with the Brazil Company that they were able to oust the Dutch from their 30 year occupation of the sizeable holdings on the Northern coast of South America. I think you would've still encountered Portuguese traders and convoys following the trades. And I can only dream of a game that someday encompasses the Gold and Ivory coasts, Cape Town, Madagascar and the East Indies.....that would be something! I'm giddy with anticipation. OK, back into character....YARRRRR me buckoes!!!

V/R Aaron S.

The starting diplomatics are really randomized at start? Really weird, cos Ive started 4 games now (v1.3) and its always exactly the same, even if I choose different chars/nation combos...

Also I havent noticed that the diplomatic status between the nations changes within the game, yet! Can it change or is it fixed after the start? (Sry, I have my coas just since a few days).

Arr, it be very long in de game befer relations 'tween nations changed, like around level 40 or so fer Fred Bob! :rolleyes:

Back