• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WARNING! Potc bug to avoid

Admiral8Q

Troublesome Corsair
Just trying to be a help! And believe me this is important!

If you are using the mod that allows you to continue playing after you beat the Alcove, and fight the Black Pearl, then keep this in mind.

When you reach the first two "portals" near the end of the alcove, at ground level, the one on the left is pink, the one on the right green. If you step on the pink one, a bunch of undead come charging up the hall, but are easy to fight.

HOWEVER!!!!

I've discovered that by activating that pink "portal" that later in the game, if you go into a dungeon or mine, etc... that all of the creatures in the area will swarm you all at once. Also the encounters on the islands will all charge at you as soon as you enter the area.

So DO NOT STEP ON THE PINK "PORTAL"!!! :cheers :d: :d: :cheeky :p3
pink2.jpg

Hope this helps ;)

Bonus hint: The only way that I know of to get a `Man-o`-war is to capture the one at Khael Roa. You should use the tactic I posted about capturing a battleship with a frigate. Except this time use a battleship to capture the `Man-o`-war. And always have pleanty of planks and sailcloth!!! yep!

Also you cannot use the `man-o`-war to fight the Black Pearl or the game crashes.

Cheers,
Admiral8Q :cool:

Hey :d: thats the point your wrong about you cant use Manowar against the black pearl :d: well ill prove you when use the manowar against it the game doesnt crash :cheers

when yew be fight'n d black needs tew use yer ability icon tew activate de sphere in yer inventory that yew got from de temple,at little bugger makes you invincible an takes de power away fren de Black Pearl :cheers

Well yes Skull is right,you cant defeat the black pearl by firing cannons alone you must you the artefact that you found at the temple :cheers :d:

Well I tried to swap ships while fighting the Pearl, game always crashed, unless you have a mod that gives `Man-o`-war's a plenty. And yes I figured out the artifact thing pretty quick, without anyone telling me, the rum helped. It was pirates there, lock up the lasses!

Anyways, heed the main point I said about the portals :cheers

Aye,unfortunatly ye can't sail de Black Pearl as she be a quest ship,de line ship wid de black icon be de sam thing widout de BP stats :cheers

well ..... the first time I smashed BP...... waz from a Corvette
it took over 2 hours ..... but I could do it.......
and the last time waz from a MOW ....... No crashes and so .....
and only less than half an hour ........
try hit "I" before going to sea and battling the BP.
xD:

Back