• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Water graphics problem

Try opening PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and setting REALISTIC_WAVES to 0. See if that does any good at all.
If not, try to start a new game. If it still doesn't work, at least we'll know that isn't the problem. :facepalm

We now know that that is not the problem. I set realistic waves to 0 and started the game. Hit F11. No joy. Started a new game and when we got to the dock the water looked the same as always.

Pieter Boelen -

I've just disabled realistic waves and things are looking much better! The calmer waves really do a lot to reduce to adverse graphics I have been seeing with my game. The fundamental problems still exist as with others here on the thread, but I really feel that this fix you mentioned goes quite a long way for me.

Thank-you very much!

Cool Nordo! :onya

I just came back to say that after playing some more with realistic water off it does make a difference. The umm, local water is smoother and that makes for a smoother transition to the far water. The dark section and the "oil slick" are still there though. Methinks there is also improved fps.

It's something at least; not at all sure where the rest of the problems come from. :facepalm

Back