• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Way to alter relationships between nations

Ericja777

Landlubber
Hey everyone. been lurking around a while and thought I might finally ask some questions. So I had a ship hunting quest active (hunting British ship for governor of Governors Harbor, playing Master and Commander campaign. Now I left it for a while and when I came back to it, the relationship between the US and Britain had become neutral. As it stands, now, I cant even find the ship for the quest anywhere, so what can I do to get the two nations at war again? Furthermore, might this (the lack of a target) actually be a bug? Thanks in advance!

Ahoy matey! Welcome the forum. :cheers

You can use PROGRAM\console.c (edit with Notepad) to execute whatever code you want.
Add the code below this, then press F12 in the game:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
   ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
   ref ch;
   int i;
   int limit;

To set the US and Britain to be at war again, this should work:
Code:
SetNationRelationBoth(ENGLAND, AMERICA, RELATION_ENEMY);

Random Relations is ON in all Free Play storylines, but that does have the (unlikely) potential to throw some things out of whack.
I don't think it should cause quest ships to disappear though. Not entirely sure why that would happen.

Just to be sure, which modpack version are you running? I remember in earlier versions the Governor Ship Hunting targets were able to disappear.
But I fixed that some time last year so it shouldn't be happening anymore.

Thank ya dearly! Will try it in a few! Im using 14.3.2. Now I think this has happened before and things have randomly gotten back in place. For instance, I once reloaded a save, and the ship was locatable, when it previously wasnt. I also think it showed up again briefly, but this is just because a 5th sailto icon showed up in the list, rather than the usual 4 or 6.

Okay so the code worked as expected, but the ship still hasnt appeared. Also kind of expected. Any resolution for this bug, and/or code to clear the quest?

Okay so the code worked as expected, but the ship still hasnt appeared. Also kind of expected. Any resolution for this bug, and/or code to clear the quest?
I think this should do it:
Code:
DeleteQuestHeader("hunting");
DeleteQuestAttribute("hunting");
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "quest.generate_kill_quest");
Im using 14.3.2.
I would very much recommend you get the most recent internal development release from here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/simplified-build-14-beta-3-3-wip-code.23064/
We're almost ready to post that publicly and it is very much better than Build 14 Beta 3.2 in a great many ways.
Your help in testing would be appreciated for sure! New game required, though.

Thanks again, code worked like a charm!

And Ive been debating doing that. How far off is the current from the public release, and how many more changes are there expected to be?

Alright, downloading now. Just one real fast question out that. All I need is the installer, and not to redownload the other assets? If so, see ya over there!

Sweet. And by the way (last question in this thread, I promise), is there a list somewhere of handy console commands and codes, or perhaps a resource for learnign and understanding the way this game is coded, to figure out your own commands?

There are a lot of examples already in console.c . Replace the "0" in switch(0) with the case number of a pre-made section of code.
Remove // in front of a line or /* and */ around a section of code to 'activate' it.
You can find all sorts of random stuff (not all of it quite up-to-date) in this thread by @DavyJack: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/cheats-build-14.20877/
Then there is @Thagarr's "New Horizons Tutorials & History.pdf" in your game's "Documentation" folder.

Other than that, feel free to ask any questions you might have. We can generally point you in the right direction.
And if you get the hang of it, perhaps you find you can actually contribute to the modpack yourself?
After all, last week my 12-year old brother did some cool things (with my help) that got him credited in the official modpack change log. :cheeky

@Pieter Boelen, I REALLY need to get around to adding some stuff to that History and Tutorials PDF. I have been digging through the Internet Archive, and have found a couple of interesting little nuggets I had forgotten. :wp

Btw, your brother was certainly a nice recruit mate, or was that a bit of a pressgang?:whipa
Either way, glad to have him on board! :onya

@Pieter Boelen, I REALLY need to get around to adding some stuff to that History and Tutorials PDF. I have been digging through the Internet Archive, and have found a couple of interesting little nuggets I had forgotten. :wp
Now you've got me quite curious what that could be!

Btw, your brother was certainly a nice recruit mate, or was that a bit of a pressgang?:whipa
Either way, glad to have him on board! :onya
He's usually BIG time into Minecraft, but occasionally I manage to tempt him to do some other stuff.
He did come up with the Trident idea himself. But I don't think he'll be doing a lot of modding in the future.
But hey, anything that he does do is still welcome, right?
He wants to learn programming and modding PotC is MUCH more like programming than the weird stuff going on in Minecraft! :cheeky

There are a lot of examples already in console.c . Replace the "0" in switch(0) with the case number of a pre-made section of code.
Remove // in front of a line or /* and */ around a section of code to 'activate' it.
You can find all sorts of random stuff (not all of it quite up-to-date) in this thread...
Yeah, I really need to check on that list some time in the future but ye moderators can edit that file freely and re-upload it if someone has the time to check and or do it. :dance

I don't think anyone does have time. :no

The console.c included in the latest Build releases already has quite a big lot in it.

Now you've got me quite curious what that could be!

Unfortunately, not a whole lot. There were no early forum posts that I could find, there were however a few posts from the front page back in 2003. I want to give proper credit to Stone-D and his early mod work. Also, of course, I do need to update the latest developments your currently working on, and get around to adding some credits.

He's usually BIG time into Minecraft, but occasionally I manage to tempt him to do some other stuff.

So am I! :razz

I am a bit disappointed in the way they chose to go with some things, especially the enchanting. I think it would have been much better with a proper anvil and mixing different alloys for better tool, armor and weapons.

He did come up with the Trident idea himself. But I don't think he'll be doing a lot of modding in the future.
But hey, anything that he does do is still welcome, right? He wants to learn programming and modding PotC is MUCH more like programming than the weird stuff going on in Minecraft! :cheeky

Absolutely! :onya

Unfortunately, not a whole lot. There were no early forum posts that I could find, there were however a few posts from the front page back in 2003. I want to give proper credit to Stone-D and his early mod work. Also, of course, I do need to update the latest developments your currently working on, and get around to adding some credits.
All recent work is at least being logged in the "Build Info.txt" files.
If you run into any old Change Logs from Builds 11 through Build 14 Alpha 8, it would be quite nice to include those there as well!
At the moment I do have everything from Build 10.1 and before, but there is a huge gap until I started keeping a proper change log in Build 14 Alpha 8.5 . :oops:

There are Readme files from 11, 12 and 13, but I will certainly keep an eye out for anything we missed.

There are Readme files from 11, 12 and 13, but I will certainly keep an eye out for anything we missed.
In case you didn't have it yet, there is also this: http://piratesahoy.net/build//temp/ppp_site_files.zip
Those are the files I still have left from my ancient PotC website named "Pieter's Pirates Page".

I know that what happened between Build 13 and Build 14 Alpha 8.5 is rather a mystery by now, though.
Probably the "b14_alpha.htm" and "b14_alpha2.htm" refer to some of those intermediate versions, but I don't know which ones. :facepalm

Thanks mate, I will give it a look! :onya

Back