• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Weaponsmod OFF: Confusion with Blacksmiths

Salino

Landlubber
I disable the weapon qualities mod. I usually have that one disabled as I cannot get any blacksmith to spawn, don't know really why, so it's a bit frustrating having to repair my weapons using the dialogues with F4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disable the weapon qualities mod. I usually have that one disabled as I cannot get any blacksmith to spawn, don't know really why, so it's a bit frustrating having to repair my weapons using the dialogues with F4.
I think I know know now why that happens: If you start the game with the Weapon Qualities mod OFF,
then the Blacksmiths aren't put in their place as the game figures you don't need them.
So toggling that mod on/off requires a New Game to be started to ensure everything works as it should.

I am now changing the modpack code so that in this case, the entire Blacksmith location won't show up either.

I see. But in that case, along with removing the blacksmtih location, wouldn't be also necessary to remove the requirement of "helping a gunsmith" in order to unlock one of the "gunman" abilities?

@Jack Rackham: Could you confirm that Tortuga does NOT in fact have a Blacksmith in general gameplay?

As far as I can tell, ONLY the following towns have them:
Conceicao
Douwesen
Falaise de Fleur
Isla Muelle
Quebradas Costillas
Redmond
Turks
Havana
Cartagena

I added plenty more if-statements now, so this should REALLY be off next time you start a new game.

No blacksmith in Tortuga in general gameplay. In WoodesRogers part 2 there will be
a special gunsmith. No normal function just dialog.

No blacksmith in Tortuga in general gameplay. In WoodesRogers part 2 there will be
a special gunsmith. No normal function just dialog.
Thought so. In that case, I have now disabled all generic gunsmith-related dialog in the Tortuga citizen dialogs.

Just to be sure. These lines are questlines and have to be there:

Code:
"Where can I find the gunsmith?",

"The gunsmith is in the stonehouse behind the tavern.",

Back